An independent and mature approach to learning is one of the key aims of the IB Academy. It is only a short step to university and the world of work and a responsible dress code will prepare students for both worlds.
- 2 piece formal skirt or trouser suit (skirts should be no shorter than just above the knee and should not be stretch fabric)
- Tailored dress with jacket
- Blouse or formal work appropriate top
- Neutral coloured, flat formal shoes
- Jewellery and make-up may be worn, but must be suitable for a professional business environment
- 2 or 3 piece formal suit
- Collared shirt
- Black or brown flat, formal leather shoes
- Must be clean shaven
THE FOLLOWING ITEMS ARE NOT ALLOWED IN SCHOOL
- Canvas shoes
- High Heels
- Flip flops
- Transparent clothing
- Stretch tube skirts
- String-strapped tops
- Clothing which is revealing
- Any piercings other than one in each ear lobe (girls only)
- Unnatural hair colours
- Unconventional hairstyles
Students need a suitable bag to carry books, pens and other items around the campus during the school day, and to take work between home and school. Suitable bags are available from the school shop, but students may bring their own bags provided that they are of a sensible colour and design, and that they do not have ostentatious logos or patterns.
Lost, un-named clothing and bags are held in Lost Property. We make every effort to reunite items with their owner, but this can be very difficult if they are not named. Uncollected items are donated to charity at the end of each school year.