We are off to a flying start in the University Guidance department having already met with three quarters of this year’s graduates about their plans for next year. It is looking to be another exciting year filled with applications to all parts of the globe. I am confident with the strength of the International Baccalaureate Diploma and our own BIS Hanoi Diploma that our Year 13s will be just as successful as last year’s graduates in finding the right university for them.
Based on last year’s graduates we would like to share some exciting numbers with you:
- 86% of BIS Hanoi 2017 graduates who have already applied to universities were accepted into their first or second choice university. That is the number we are most proud of as it shows our students have found universities that they feel were the right fit for them, and they had the characteristics and requirements in order to be accepted.
- 22% of our graduates have not yet applied to university or are in the process of doing so as they are applying to Australia. Being in the Southern Hemisphere their school year does not begin until February/March, which is why our students are just applying now. We are continuing to support them and look forward to hearing about their choices and acceptances.
- 80% of our students who applied Early Decision to the US were admitted, which means they knew by December 15th where their future was headed.
- Our students were accepted in 7 out of the 8 countries that they applied to.
As many of our graduates have already departed for university, and more will in the coming weeks we wish our graduates the best of luck in the following universities they will be attending:
- USA (Boston University, Columbia University, Drexel University, Massachusetts College of Pharmacy & Health Sciences, New York University, Newbury, Northeastern, Rhode Island School of Design, Stanford, Suffolk & The New School)
- the UK (University College London, University of Leeds & University of the Arts London)
- Canada (Simon Fraser University)
- Singapore (Yale-NUS), Italy (Bocconi University)
- Switzerland (Ecole Hoteliere Lausanne)
- Japan (Waseda University)
For anyone interested in seeing the list of all of the universities that accepted our students this year please click here.
We encourage all Year 10-13 students and parents to like our BIS Hanoi University Guidance Facebook page for information on both the university process and overall health and wellness for teenagers.
Ms. Lori Fairbain, University Guidance Counsellor