The Accrediting Commission for Schools, Western Association of Schools and Colleges (ACS WASC), a world-renowned accrediting association and one of the six regional accrediting agencies in the United States, works closely with the Office of Overseas Schools under the U.S. Department of State. ACS WASC is responsible for accrediting public and private schools, colleges, and universities in the United States and international schools in the Asia-Pacific Region.
The British International School Hanoi has been fully accredited by WASC since August 2017. Being accredited means the campus has met rigorous standards for quality, capacity and effectiveness. Accreditation is periodically reaffirmed through a comprehensive review process that includes an institutional self-study, external review, and site visit at least once every ten years.
The accreditation given will:
• Assure a school community that the school’s purposes are appropriate and being accomplished through a viable education program - a trustworthy institution for student learning
• Validate the integrity of the school’s program and transcripts
• Facilitate transfer of credits to other English-speaking schools — critical for college/university acceptance worldwide
• Foster the ongoing improvement of the school’s programs and operations to support student learning
• Provide valuable insight from fellow educators visiting the school
• Benefit schools that choose joint accreditation or other collaborative processes, e.g., ACS WASC/CDE.
To find out more about WASC, please click here.