Basic salaries within Southeast Asia rarely match those of schools in the UK. However, the cost of living in Vietnam is so inexpensive that our teachers usually declare that they have a higher standard of living on the lower salary and are still able to save.
The British International School, Hanoi has a 15 point salary scale. New teachers are placed on the salary scale according to previous relevant experience and move up the scale annually.
The salary scale is reviewed annually to take account of inflation and to keep the school competitive. It will be presented at the interview where it will be put into the context of life in Vietnam and the other benefits we provide for teachers.
The current benefits available for overseas teachers include:
- Furnished accommodation or a cash housing allowance
- Medical insurance for the teacher and dependents
- Annual return air tickets for the teacher and dependents
- Two free places for dependent children are available in the school for each teacher
- A settling-in allowance
- An end of service bonus
- A contract renewal bonus is offered for second and subsequent contracts