Potluck Lunch for Parents and Teachers
What a lovely lunch we had on Wednesday! Our Christmas 'potluck' was the second one of this kind and, yes we can be proud of ourselves; we are growing as a community and we are improving when organising events. The lunch was full of joy and surprises. We all discovered Duyen's talent as a pianist when she took over and played the piano for us all to sing Christmas songs. It was a delightful moment. The lucky draw was quite a success as well as the gift exchange. Some of us truly are talented and made beautiful Christmas ornaments, too.
Thank you again for your support, not only this Wednesday, but during Term 1.
A huge and special thank you to our sponsors who gave us wonderful prices for the lucky draw. So in alphabetical order:
- Botanique (la): Thank you Akiko for organising for your friend from Botanique to visit TX and make such beautiful flowers arrangements. For information, please contact: email@example.com or https://www.facebook.com/labotanique.vn
- Crêperie (la): 3 lucky winners will enjoy a nice lunch, meal or snack at this restaurant which specialises in "galettes and crêpes" and being French, believe me, it’s a place you want to visit if you want the real taste of Brittany, a very well know part of France. http://www.lacreperie.com.cn or https://www.facebook.com/La.Creperie.Saigon/?fref=ts
- Cyril and you: 3 active children will enjoy 10 kids classes (value of 1m VND per voucher) with Cyril and his team. Parents, don’t just wait for them, Cyril and you fitness center has everything to keep you in shape. More info http://cyril-and-you.com
- Les délices de KP kindly offered 2 gift voucher for a value of 200 000 VND each for "rillettes and pork lomo". If you were not lucky enough to win this, you can still discover KP’s products by contacting Christophe for products and a price list at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Papagayo in D2 gave us a 1m VND voucher to enjoy at lunch time or diner time. If you are looking for French food, Papagayo is the place to go. Steak tartare, coulant chocolat, escargot traditions are signature of Papagayo. https://www.facebook.com/Papagayo-Saigon-165262770278979/
- VP seafood: Hervé and Sybille are living in Vietnam for more than 20 years and working in the fish business for even longer. They love the sea products and the 2 experts offered 2 vouchers of 300 000 VND each to enjoy a seafood platter. More information can be found at: http://www.vpseafood.com/company.htm or https://www.facebook.com/vpseafood.hochiminhcity.vietnam
- and finally, KH international gave us 50 pairs of nitrile gloves, which could be very useful in the house.
All pictures are available to download here :
Parent’s Corner is also your page and today Rani has a message for everyone in TX:
A glimpse at the upcoming events 2016:
- Têt morning coffee on Wednesday 13th January in the Multi-purpose Room at 8:00am
- Morning coffee to prepare the school fête on Wednesday 20th January in the foyer at 8:00am
- Parent lunch group at la Crêperie on Thursday 28th January
- Morning coffee to prepare the school fête on Wednesday 17th February in the Multi-purpose Room at 8:00am
It’s now time to wish you all a fabulous holiday; relax, enjoy the festive season and prepare for Term 2!
On behalf of the parent group.