Dates for Your Diary
w/c 14/9 – EYFS Parents’ Evening
21/9 – Clubs Begin
22/9 – Y1 -Y6 Parents’ Evening
24/9 – EYFS Moon Festival
25/9 – Moon Festival Assembly
27/9 – BBGV Fun Run
28/9 & 29/9 - We Love Books! (including visiting authors and the book fair)
On the Tu Xuong BIS Hub this week:
Now we are into our third week of school, the children are beginning to settle into their routines. As I walk around the school, I see children displaying those qualities that we like to see in BIS learners. Care is a real focus for us at the moment - it is great to see our existing pupils supporting those who have just joined our community in all aspects of school life; in the classroom, on the playground and in the canteen. In fact, some of Milepost 1 Finer Diners today had their names in the 'Golden Book' for looking after new children. At this point, I need to congratulate Phuong Anh and Tina (Year 1) and John, Kathy, Subin and Lucas (Year 2) who were this week's Finer Diners!
Community is at the heart of all that we are doing at Tu Xuong, and we will continue to look for ways to strengthen the links between the different members. On Monday, a group of about 40 parents and teachers met at Villa Royale to enjoy a very British tradition of 'afternoon tea' (with scones and jam). It was a great opportunity to get to know each other a bit better and we look forward to other events that the parents' group have planned.
It would be great to see more parents getting involved in what we do at school. Ann Salapete has created two webpages where parents can sign up - your support will ultimately enhance the children's experiences:
1) General - there are many events planned including International Week, a school fete and the Year 6 Graduation Party. These will only take place if we have enough volunteers to help. Please click on the link below and sign up now:
2) Class Reps - it would be great if one parent in each class could sign up to be the class rep. To find more information and to sign up please click on the following link:
The school was looking very colourful this morning as all the children came in wearing their house t-shirts. We firmly believe in giving children responsibility and the Year 6 children had an opportunity today to explain why they should be given the role of house captain. Speeches were delivered, votes were counted and the captains were selected. To find out who was successful in their efforts to become house captain, please click here!
- EYFS Parents' Evening - thank you to all the parents who have already signed up to meet the teachers next week. If you haven't yet done so, please contact your child's teacher to arrange a meeting.
- Y1 - Y6 Parents' Evening - At this early stage of the year, we want take this opportunity to share the results of our initial assessments with you, specific learning targets for your child and to give you a chance to raise concerns or ask questions about the year ahead. Please sign-up in the foyer from Monday morning.
- BBGV Fun Run - For more details, please click here. See Ms Duong in the office for BIS t-shirts and registration forms.
Have a great weekend,
Ian Battersby, Head of Tu Xuong Campus