It’s Back: the Christmas Potluck!
On Thursday 14th of December, the TX Christmas Potluck will he held as usual in the Multi-Purpose Room. The set up will start at 10:40am and at 11:30am, the buffet will open for the first teachers to join. Please bring a savoury dish or drinks on the day to share with teachers and parents. Let’s travel the world of cuisine one more time on this occasion.
Around 12pm, we’ll have a small speech from Mr Ian and a game.
Usually played as an “ice breaker” game, this time the “guess who I am?” game will be a way to see if we finally know each other that well.
To participate, it’s easy:
- Write a statement about yourself and your name on the form (only the game master will know who has written what). You can make it easy or tricky!
- During the potluck, the game master will draw the papers, read them and the audience will have to guess who wrote the statement.
Example of what you can write:
- I’m addicted to sugar and I eat sweets when my kids can’t see me.
- I cried each time I watched Titanic.
- I have a secret passion for the Peppa Pig cartoon.
- I draw during my free time.
- My dream as a child was to be a flight attendant.
Let’s have fun!!!
What: Potluck Lunch
When: Thursday 14th of December
Where: Multi-purpose Room
Setting up: 10:40am
Starting at 11:30am
Dress code: Green, red, funny Christmas headband or ugly jumper accepted as well.
Looking back at the BISzaar
The Christmas BISzaar has been a success year after year therefore it’s also a challenge for the PTG in charge to get creative and to bring something new. Well done APS team! This year again, the BISzaar was fantastic, from the littles ones to the less tiny ones, everyone had a great time.
The focus was put on the students and their hard dedication to the community service projects. Music was a great part of the day too as usual but this time, not only student choirs were performing but anyone who wanted to sing, dance or play an instrument. The TX parent choir seized the opportunity and half of the crew came on stage last Saturday for a 5 minute Christmas medley. It was like a super rehearsal for them so, be ready to see the whole crew on Wednesday 13th of December for the very last TX Christmas Concert.
Dates for your agenda
Please read the following message from Nicky, the current APP PTG leader and share if you know new families joining BIS HCMC next term.
New Year Arrangements
- Newcomers Coffee Morning - Thursday 11th January, 8:15 am APP Canteen
- Newcomers Bus Tour - Mon 22nd January, 8:30 am, meeting point APP Canteen (the bus will stop more this time, a stop at a market perhaps and then refreshments in D1 before returning to school) - this will run if there are enough numbers
The above two events are run for both APP and APS parents.
The PTG is also looking for volunteers for the upcoming events. Please check the sign up if you consider helping. Thank you.
Ms Chan, PDV Headteacher, wanted to share with BIS parents a few pictures taken during the Moon Festival at PDV and also the children’s summer camp. It was before the flooding destroyed the playground.
TX: The Christmas Potluck in 2015
Gastronomy has always been a link between our cultures. It’s accurate to say that many times it was food which brought us around a table and allowed us to connect. We have a lot of foodies in our community and the Christmas season is a perfect excuse to have another Potluck! To see what was on the menu 5 years ago, have a look at the album and we are waiting for you to surprise us next week! What will you bring this time?
Enjoy the weekend whether your child is part of the Community Service football match (which means a busy weekend) or chilling out at home.
Anne on behalf of the Parent Group.