Throwback….before the Têt holiday…
On Friday 20th January, parents gathered in the foyer with Ms Mary in order to thank the support staff for their wonderful work with our children. It was about time to give them a tribute. They know our children’s names and they are so caring and devoted to their job. It was a great pleasure to be able to provide gifts for them. So thank you Mr. Chien, Mr. Lỹ, Mr. Vu, Mr. Nhàn, Mr. Minh, Mr. Phat, Mr. Tuan, Ms. Tam, Ms. Dat, Ms. Tam, Ms. Lieu, Ms. Phuong, Mr. Thao, Ms. Yen, Ms. Ha, Mr. Ba, Ms. My, Mr. Sang and Mr Tien.
They were really touched, as Ms Dat on behalf of the support staff told us. They highly appreciated the gesture. It was also a moment to exchange a few words before they returned to work.
The following Monday, another team of parents delivered cards and delicious ‘O Mai’ to the kitchen staff. They were also surprised and happy. Thank you to Mr. Sơn, Ms. Hằng, Ms. Ngọc, Ms. Hạnh, Ms. Trinh, Mr. Bá, Ms. Hà, Ms. Nghi, Mr. Cường and Ms. Bồng.
Lastly a thank you to you, parents for making it happen, without this huge movement of solidarity, it wouldn’t have been possible.
TX School Fête update and help needed!
The second meeting was very productive. Most of the tasks now have a “project manager” or a team handling it. However, if we want to bring novelties to the fête, more activities and of course beat the 40 million VND raised last year, we will need the support from the whole community.
So, how could you help? The priority at this point is to find more sponsors;
- Sponsors for printing the raffle tickets,
- Sponsors for the raffle prizes (e.g. vouchers for hotel nights, spa treatment, lunch, books, beauty sets and other gifts, etc.),
- Finding sponsors for the food and beverage corner. This year the food corner will open shortly after the opening ceremony and will run until the end of the fair. Each class will be assigned a dish to bring in, however the more donations from sponsors we get, the better it will be.
You can also;
- Donate unwanted and small items (hair accessories, toiletries, small toys etc.). These donations will be used either for the tombola stall or prizes for games.
- Donate your child’s old uniforms as they will be used to make outfits for our TX bears (our target is 60 girls shirts, 60 boys shirts and 120 shorts or skirts).
- Sponsor a child from one of our community partner schools during the fête and make sure he/she is having a wonderful time.
- Volunteer to help on the day. The online sign-up will be available next week.
Please contact your class rep or myself if you would like any more details, have any questions or have found a sponsor.
The next meeting for the TX School Fête is on Wednesday 15th February at 8am in the canteen. Hope to see many of you there.
Have a lovely weekend,
Anne on behalf of the Parent Group