The Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) offer children aged from 2-4 an outstanding environment, providing Pre-Nursery, Nursery and Reception education of the highest quality at both the An Phu and the Tu Xuong Primary campuses.
EYFS is an integral part of the school and provides an excellent base from which the children progress into a more formal learning environment as they enter the Primary school.
The school offers a play-based curriculum:
- Teaching and learning materials from the British Early Years Foundation Stage Framework.
- An emphasis on providing a safe, caring and nurturing environment.
- The opportunity for each child to develop at their own pace within a structured environment.
- Individually planned learning experiences supporting and challenging each child. through initiated, play based activities.
The Early Learning Foundation Stages includes seven areas of learning:
The three prime areas are:
- Communication and Language
- Physical Development
- Personal, Social and Emotional Development
The prime areas will help them to develop skills in the following four specific areas:
- Understanding the world
- Expressive Arts and Design
The school expects most children to reach the Early Learning Goals, but fully appreciates that children are individuals who develop at different rates and in different ways. Hence the school always considers the readiness of each child when the learning is being planned.
Experienced and qualified teachers and assistants support children through structured play experiences, offering open-ended learning and opportunities for child-initiated projects. There is a strong emphasis on social and emotional development as a means by which children develop their skills of independence, problem solving and confidence.
The EYFS classrooms on each of the Primary campuses are self-contained units. This ensures that the children feel safe and comfortable in a secure environment. However, as these young children develop confidence in their surroundings, there are opportunities for them to use other facilities within the school. This gives them access to a large library, music rooms, ICT rooms, a sports hall and a swimming pool.
For more information about the Early Years Foundation Stage, please click here.