However, for the main prizes, the judges, including Principal Patrick Horne and the school’s Marketing and Admissions Department, narrowed the field and have chosen the winners. They are:
Best Overall Selfie (100 House points plus a signed copy of Tom Daley’s book “My Life”)
Maddy Barton, De House, for her cool and creative selfie from the Eiffel Tower taken on her birthday trip to Paris. Congratulations Maddy!
Most Exotic Location (50 House points)
Nick and Nelly Hillier, Qi House, for their selfie from a railway line in Sri Lanka.
Most Creative (50 House points)
Sofia Robles, Li House, for a very expressive selfie holding up the Leaning Tower of Pisa.
Best Use of Colour (50 House points)
Mason Pour, Qi House, creating a rainbow of colour at the Lego store in Troy, Michigan.
Best Crowd Selfie (50 House points)
Kate McKellar and family, Dao House, for a fabulous group underwater shot while holidaying in Penang.
- Jane Kilpatrick for battling the elements and altitude sickness to take her selfie for Li House at Base Camp, Everest
- Joshua Butterworth for taking us on his fabulous summer tour of Italy
- Joseph and Emily Steele for finding selfie t-shirts to include in their selfies
- The Dinsdale family for a prolific and exotic series of selfies
- Gaia Gianuzzi for adding history and culture to the selfie collection
While it was undoubtedly great fun taking the selfies, each of the entries has also added to the starting tallies for our Houses this year. Our House tallies are:
Qi House – 360
De House – 325
Li House – 165
Dao House – 70
Thank you to everyone who took part and congratulations to the winning house, Qi House.
Don’t forget, you can always send us selfies, whether you’re competing for BISS Pudong in a sporting or cultural event or you’re simply somewhere interesting and you want to let us know. Just use the hashtag @bisspudong on your Instagram.