Information and Reminders
Thank you to all parents who attended the Academic Review Evenings. If you were unable to attend the evenings, please contact your child's class teacher to make an appointment at a more suitable time.
We look forward to welcoming our Year 2 students back to school very soon!
Don't forget our Chinese New Year Temple Fair this Sunday from 11am to 3pm.
Friday 5th February - Chinese New Year dress up day
Friday 5th February - School closes for the Chinese New Year holiday and will re-open on Monday 15th February
2A - Swimming on Monday - Games on Wednesday
2B - Games on Monday - Swimming on Wednesday
2C - Games on Monday - Swimming on Friday.
This week in English we will mainly focus on spelling, grammar and punctuation objectives:
These will include:
- Use of capital letters, full stops, question marks and exclamation marks to demarcate sentences.
- Use of adjectives and adverbs.
- The spelling and definitions of homophones.
- Adjectives - the use of a thesaurus and synonyms.
In maths we will continue to focus on telling the time:
- To tell and write the time to five minutes.
- To know the number of minutes in an hour and the number of hours in a day.
This week we will continue as Scientists to:
- Sort toys based on what they are made of.
- Look at materials and their properties.
- Identify which materials are best for making a bath toy.
- Learn how toys move using pushes and pulls.
This week will be last week of The Magic Toymaker topic.