Information and Reminders
- Reading challenge – As of Monday Y3 will be starting a reading at home challenge to encourage children to read more. If you sign your child’s learning journal 3 times in one week after you have heard them read then they will receive a Dojo point. All you have to do is listen to them read, sign your name and add the date. If children are not reading regularly at home then they will attend lunchtime reading club on a Friday. We hope for your support!
- Please can you ensure your child is dressed appropriately in winter uniform. There should be no brightly coloured layers, tights or shoes. You can check the requirements of the winter uniform in your child’s Learning Journal. Please also ensure your child has a warm coat so they are able to play outside during breaktimes. On P.E. days your child should arrive at school wearing their school uniform, then change into P.E. clothes, then change back into school uniform.
- PE changes reminder. Block 3 has begun until 2nd December. 3A will have football, 3B will have basketball and 3C will have swimming. Please remember your child’s kit so they can participate. Football students need to bring in trainers as well just in case there is the need to go inside.
- Homework is sent on Wednesdays and must be returned on Mondays to be marked. Please make sure you encourage your child to complete it on their own and inform us if they found the activity challenging so we can further support them in school. They can sign up for homework on Thursdays and Fridays which is first come, first served. Weekly website links will be sent on Fridays.
- Don’t forget to check Class Dojo to see how many House Points your child has been collecting and to see posts of what is happening in your child’s class.
Sunday 27th November - Christmas Bazaar
Friday 2nd December - Christmas Carols at the Ritz Carlton (school choirs performing)
Tuesday 6th December – Y3 Exit Point
Thursday 8th December – Christmas Carol Concert
Friday 9th December – CCAs finish today
Monday 12th December – Infants Christmas Show (Matinee) – 1.30pm
Tuesday 13th December - Infants Christmas Show – 6pm
Wednesday 14th December – Primary Workshop and Coffee Morning (Reading) – 9am to 10.30am
Friday 16th December - Last day of term (School ends at 12pm)
Monday 9th January – First day of spring term
Star of the Week
3A – Irene Wu for being extra kind to her friends and teachers during Kindness Week!
3B - Xiao He for being kind to others.
3C - Penny (Seojin Kim) for always being kind and helpful in class and towards her peers.
Next week in English, we will be working in small groups across Y3. The children will use the iPads to research different inventors and then they will use Popplet to make a mind map of one of the inventors. During the week they will gather all the information to create their own fact file which will be displayed in our museum for you to see. Next week we will be reviewing each child’s reading and phonic knowledge in order to give specific targets for them to work on during the coming weeks.
In Maths next week, we will begin looking at numbers less than a whole. The children will learn to count up and down in tenths as well as learn to recognise that tenths arise from dividing an object into ten equal parts. We will develop this by learning how to divide one digit numbers or quantities by ten.
Next week, we will continue to complete our Art activities. As part of our Society task, we will create our own questionnaires to find out how people live differently because of inventions and technological advances. This will link to our International Task where we will research about international efforts that are being made to bring together scientists from around the world to share scientific knowledge, inventions and the latest technology. We will look at organisations such as The International Space Station and Water Aid.
In Computing we will be continuing to use ‘Scratch’. Next week we will be using more tools such as adding sounds, backgrounds and motion to create our own Scratch animations.