Information and Reminders
CCAs finish for Term 3 – Friday 10th June
Primary Year in Review Assembly – Wednesday 22nd June; 9.00am to 11.00am
Primary End of Year Parties – Wednesday 22nd June; afternoon
Last day of school – Friday 24th June; midday finish
2A - Swimming on Monday - Games on Wednesday
2B - Games on Monday - Swimming on Wednesday
2C - Games on Monday - Swimming on Friday
In our English lessons next week, we will look at the Water Cycle. We will be focusing on the following objectives:
- To develop a positive attitude and stamina for writing with a focus on non-fiction
- To use a range of punctuation
- To use a range of sentences with different forms: statement, question, exclamation and command
- To make simple additions and revisions and corrections to their own writing
This week in maths we will focus on problems and problem solving. Our learning objectives covered will include:
- To solve number problems with both number facts and place value
- To read and use a variety of language linked to problem solving
- To solve problems using the four operations
Our current topic is ‘Water World’. Water is important to all living things; without water there would be no life on Earth. We use water every day and we depend on water to stay clean and healthy just like the many plants and animals we share our world with.
As scientists we will research the key things seeds need to grow. We will think about why soil, sunlight and water are important.
We will discuss these ideas:
Does the water need to have fresh, clean water?
Is all water the same?
Would dirty water be just as good?
How could we find out?
As a whole class we will investigate the importance of water for growing healthy plants.