Information and Reminders
- Please note the CCA rehearsal on 23rd May will not take place.
- As it is becoming warmer please make sure your child brings a water bottle to school and a hat to wear when they are outside.
- We are wearing our summer uniform. Please make sure your child wears the correct uniform to school, particularly the correct footwear. No nail polish is allowed. They must look smart. We will continue to monitor this closely.
- Please make sure you also let the class teacher know if your child’s end of day arrangements have been changed so there is no confusion.
- Reading challenge – You need to sign and date your child’s learning journal 3 times in one week after you have heard them read then they will receive a Dojo point. If children are not reading regularly at home then they will attend lunchtime reading club on a Friday. We hope for your support!
- Please note that IB and IGCSE exams are taking place and will be taken in the Primary building. The main staircase in B Block will remain closed and all students and adults should use alternative staircases. Please can we ask parents not to wait in the area outside the Hive, outside Sports Hall B or along the Year 3 classrooms, as we need to ensure silence for our older students. Parents are always welcome to go to Aspretto, our coffee shop, whilst waiting for students. Thank you for your support.
Tuesday 23rd May – Stage and Screen Performance; 6.00pm; Auditorium
Wednesday 24th May - Muffins with Mums; The Hub; 8.30am followed by HSK Workshop; 9.00am
Friday 26th May – Coffee Morning with Head of Primary and Head of Secondary; Aspretto; 11.00am
Monday 29th May and Tuesday 30th May - School closed
Friday 2nd June – Year 3 Campout
Wednesday 7th June – Parent Workshop – Transitions: 3rd Culture Kids with Olivia’s Place; 9.30am
Wednesday 7th June – Coffee Morning with Head of Primary and Head of Secondary; Aspretto; 11.00am
Friday 9th June – CCAs finish today
Saturday 10th June - Summer Fun Day
Wednesday 14th June – KS2 Production - Matinee performance 1:30pm
Thursday 15th June – KS2 Production - Evening performance 6:00pm
Thursday 22nd June – Primary Year in Review Assembly; Sports Hall B; 9.00am and End of Year Class Parties
Friday 23rd June – Last day of School Year; students finish at 12pm
Star of the Week
3A – Charlotte for great retrieving information of energy in the world to write her own report.
3B – Amaan for playing sensibly and being a good friend in the playground.
3C – All of 3C for their effort in performing their wonderful assembly'
Next week we will continue to look at a text called ‘Energy Island’. We will start the week completing our character descriptions. We will then write a summary of the text as well as planning and writing an explanation text. We will also focus on the correct use of apostrophes.
Next week we will revise ‘Exploring Fractions’. We will recognise, find and write fractions of a discrete set of objects and numbers: unit fractions and non-unit fractions with small denominators. We will recognise and show, using diagrams, equivalent fractions with small denominators as well as compare and order unit fractions, and fractions with the same denominators.
Next week we will identify what causes earthquakes and learn how to understand how they are measured. We will make our own seismograph machine. Please send a shoebox or cardboard box the similar size to complete the task. As Technologists, we will construct an earthquake proof building and also will design an outfit for a volcanologist.
We will continue our unit of ‘We are bug fixers’. Children will explain how the scripts work, finding and correcting errors in them, and explore creative ways of improving them. The children will learn to recognise some common types of programming error, and practise solving problems through logical thinking.