Information and Reminders
- Please complete the friendship choices letter for next year’s classes. This letter must be returned to school by Wednesday 31st May.
- Yearbooks are now available to order. Please complete the slip sent out on Class Dojo or Mailchimp, and return to the Uniform Shop along with the correct amount of money. Please order by Friday 2nd June.
- Keep practicing your child lines for the Porridge concert.
- PE changes – all Year 3 will participate in Striking and Fielding from Wednesday till the end of term.
- Please make sure your child brings a water bottle to school and a hat to wear when they are outside.
- We are wearing our summer uniform. Please make sure your child wears the correct uniform to school, particularly the correct footwear. No nail polish is allowed. They must look smart. We will continue to monitor this closely.
- Please make sure you also let the class teacher know if your child’s end of day arrangements have been changed so there is no confusion.
- Reading challenge – You need to sign and date your child’s learning journal 3 times in one week after you have heard them read then they will receive a Dojo point. If children are not reading regularly at home then they will attend lunchtime reading club on a Friday. We hope for your support!
- Please note that IGCSE exams are taking place and will be taken in the Primary building. The main staircase in B Block will remain closed and all students and adults should use alternative staircases. Please can we ask parents not to wait in the area outside the Hive, outside Sports Hall B or along the Year 3 classrooms, as we need to ensure silence for our older students. Parents are always welcome to go to Aspretto, our coffee shop, whilst waiting for students. Thank you for your support.
Monday 29th May and Tuesday 30th May - School closed
Friday 2nd June – Year 3 Campout
Wednesday 7th June – Parent Workshop – Transitions: 3rd Culture Kids with Olivia’s Place; 9.30am
Wednesday 7th June – Coffee Morning with Head of Primary and Head of Secondary; Aspretto; 11.00am
Friday 9th June – CCAs finish today
Saturday 10th June - Summer Fun Day
Wednesday 14th June – KS2 Production - Matinee performance 1:30pm
Thursday 15th June – KS2 Production - Evening performance 6:00pm
Monday 19th June – KS2 Sports Day; 8.40am to 12pm
Thursday 22nd June – Primary Year in Review Assembly; Sports Hall B; 9.00am and End of Year Class Parties
Friday 23rd June – Last day of School Year; students finish at 12pm
Star of the Week
3A – Adriana for excellent writing about Energy Island, always trying her best in every subject and for helping our new member of the class settle in!
3B – Alexander for great work in our topic ‘Active Planet’.
3C – Happy for writing a fantastic summary about global warming.
Next week we roleplay a volcano eruption scene to help us write quotes about surviving an volcano. We will look at the features of a diary to plan and write our own entry including quotes.
Next week we will revise areas covered this year such as calculations, measurement and number work.
Next week we will first continue completing our tasks from last week. We will also become Scientists by looking at and sorting rocks.
We will continue our unit of ‘We are bug fixers’. Children will explain how the scripts work, finding and correcting errors in them, and explore creative ways of improving them. The children will learn to recognise some common types of programming error, and practise solving problems through logical thinking. We will link one of the activities with our topic.