Information and Reminders
- Reading books will be changed on a Monday and a Thursday. We have sent activities home with the children for you to try with them and their reading books. We are wanting Year 4 children to read at home at least 3 times a week. If you read with your child at home please mark inside their learning journals for their class teachers to see.
- Homework is sent on Wednesdays and must be returned on Mondays to be marked. Please make sure you encourage your child to complete it on their own and inform us if they found the activity challenging so we can further support them in school. They can sign up for homework club on Thursdays and Fridays which is first come, first served.
- Don’t forget to check Class Dojo to see how many House Points your child has been collecting and to see posts of what is happening in your child’s class.
- As the weather is warmer we are now wearing summer uniform in the primary school. Please visit the school website or check in your child’s Learning Journal for the appropriate clothing, which can be purchased at our uniform shop.
- Please make sure your child brings a water bottle to school.
- Please note that IB and IGCSE exams are taking place and will be taken in the Primary building. The main staircase in B Block will remain closed and all students and adults should use alternative staircases. Please can we ask parents not to wait in the area outside the Hive, outside Sports Hall B or along the Year 3 classrooms, as we need to ensure silence for our older students. Parents are always welcome to go to Aspretto, our coffee shop, whilst waiting for students. Thank you for your support
- STEAM Day - The theme for the upcoming STEAM day (Thursday 18 May) will be recycling. Please bring in clean, safe recyclable materials (plastic, cardboard, paper) for construction on the day.
Tuesday 9th May - Year 4 Production CCA
Wednesday 10th May - Donuts with Dads; The Hub; 8.30am
Friday 12th May – Coffee Morning with Head of Primary and Head of Secondary; Aspretto; 11.00am
Saturday 13th May – Dads and Kids Campout
Wednesday 17th May – Parent Workshop: STEAM in Early Years and Primary
Thursday 18th May – Saturday 20th May – Primary FOBISIA games
Thursday 18th May – Early Years and Primary STEAM Day
Tuesday 23rd May – Stage and Screen Performance; 6.00pm; Auditorium
Wednesday 24th May - Muffins with Mums; The Hub; 8.30am followed by HSK Workshop; 9.00am
Friday 26th May – Coffee Morning with Head of Primary and Head of Secondary; Aspretto; 11.00am
Monday 29th May and Tuesday 30th May - School closed
Wednesday 7th June – Parent Workshop – Transitions: 3rd Culture Kids with Olivia’s Place; 9.30am
Wednesday 7th June – Coffee Morning with Head of Primary and Head of Secondary; Aspretto; 11.00am
Friday 9th June – CCAs finish today
Saturday 10th June - Summer Fun Day
Wednesday 14th June – KS2 Production - Matinee performance 1:30pm
Thursday 15th June – KS2 Production - Evening performance 6:00pm
Thursday 22nd June – Primary Year in Review Assembly; Sports Hall B; 9.00am and End of Year Class Parties
Friday 23rd June – Last day of School Year; students finish at 12pm
2nd May- 26th May
4A - Gymnastics
4B – Net/Wall
4C - Swimming
In English next week we will be continuing to look at Jacqueline Wilson’s text, Cliffhanger. We will be using the basis of this book, applying this knowledge and linking it to our own first hand experiences from Oriental Land. At the start of the week we will be looking at being able to both compose and rehearse sentences to enable us to build a varied and rich vocabulary. Alongside this we will be experimenting with the range of sentences we use in our writing and reasoning the effect they have on the reader. We will apply these skills by writing our own trip advisor posts for Oriental Land. At the end of the week we will evaluate and edit our posts by proposing changes to grammar and vocabulary to improve consistency.
During our guided reading lessons we will be looking at being able to understand what we read independently by identifying main ideas drawn from more than one paragraph and summarising these.
Our spelling lessons next week focus on the use of apostrophes for possession, including both singular and plural.
Next week we begin a new topic in our maths lessons, mathematical movement. At the beginning of the week we will explore the use of co-ordinates and being able to describe the position of a point within the first quadrant. From here we will develop our skills of being able to plot points as well as describe them within the first quadrant. In addition to this we will be using co-ordinates to plot a set of points to construct a polygon. At the end of the week we will be taking all of our knowledge and understanding of co-ordinates to solve a range of puzzles and problems.
Next week sees the start of our new topic, Temples, Tombs and Treasures. We will begin our learning of this topic by undertaking out knowledge and entry point. Don’t forget to check out the photographs posted on class dojo! From here we will begin our learning based on the Ancient Egyptians. Firstly, we will become geographers and explore where Ancient Egypt was and plot this on a map. From here we will look at who the Ancient Egyptians were and what their life was like.