Information and Reminders
- Friday 16th June will be the last day of school swimming lessons, as we will be closing the pool for maintenance and building work.
- Next week your child will participate in two games lessons, please ensure your child has the correct kit in school.
- You are invited to attend our Primary Year in Review Assembly which will take place in Sports Hall B at 9.00am on Thursday 22nd June.
- This will be followed by class parties in the afternoon, please check your email for more information with regards to food and timings.
- There will be information provided next week about optional homework for the summer holidays, please check Class Dojo for more information.
Thank you for all your help and support over this academic year.
We hope you have a fantastic summer holiday, safe travels and we look forward to seeing you August!
Thursday 22nd June – Primary Year in Review Assembly; Sports Hall B; 9.00am and End of Year Class Parties
Friday 23rd June – Last day of School Year; students finish at 12pm
Star of the Week
2A - Phoebe for outstanding presentation and handwriting.
2B - Solomiia for great problem solving in Maths this week.
2C - Luther for working hard and making great progress in Reading and Writing
This week we will study the story book Sea Creatures.
Reading Key Objectives:
- Develop pleasure in reading, vocabulary and understanding by discussing their favourite words and phrases.
- Understand both the books that they can already read fluently and those that they listen to by predicting what might happen on the basis of what has been read so far.
- Understand books they listen to by: making inferences on the basis of what is being said and done
- Listening to, discussing and expressing views about a wide range of contemporary and classic poetry, stories and non-fiction at a level beyond that at which they can read independently.
- Participate in discussion about books, poems and other works that are read to them and those that they can read for themselves, taking turns and listening to what others say.
Writing Key Objectives:
- Learn how to use: expanded noun phrases to describe and specify.
- Use of capital letters, full stops, question marks and exclamation marks.
- Develop positive attitudes towards and stamina for writing by: writing for different purposes
- Consider what they are going to write before beginning by writing down ideas and/or key words, including new vocabulary.
Next week in maths our focus will continue to be Problem Solving. Our Learning Objectives will include:
- Solve problems involving addition or subtraction using concrete objects and pictorial representations
- Solve missing number problems
- Check calculations using the correct inverse operation
For the last week of our topic Water World we will focus on how animals adapt and live based on their environment. We will look at how animals that live in the desert, where there is little or no water, compared to animals that live in the rainforest, where water is plentiful. We will also learn about animals that live in the sea or other bodies of water.