Information and Reminders
- Reading books will be changed on a Monday and a Thursday. We have sent activities home with the children for you to try with them and their reading books. We are wanting Year 4 children to read at home at least 3 times a week. If you read with your child at home please mark inside their learning journals for their class teachers to see.
- Homework is sent on Wednesdays and must be returned on Mondays to be marked. Please make sure you encourage your child to complete it on their own and inform us if they found the activity challenging so we can further support them in school. They can sign up for homework club on Thursdays and Fridays which is first come, first served.
- Don’t forget to check Class Dojo to see how many House Points your child has been collecting and to see posts of what is happening in your child’s class.
- Please make sure your child brings a water bottle to school.
- Please note that IB and IGCSE exams are taking place and will be taken in the Primary building. The main staircase in B Block will remain closed and all students and adults should use alternative staircases. Please can we ask parents not to wait in the area outside the Hive, outside Sports Hall B or along the Year 3 classrooms, as we need to ensure silence for our older students. Parents are always welcome to go to Aspretto, our coffee shop, whilst waiting for students. Thank you for your support.
Wednesday 7th June – Parent Workshop – Transitions: 3rd Culture Kids with Olivia’s Place; 9.30am
Wednesday 7th June – Coffee Morning with Head of Primary and Head of Secondary; Aspretto; 11.00am
Friday 9th June – Year 3 to Year 9 Sports Awards (for students who have participated in Sports teams this year)
Friday 9th June – CCAs finish today
Saturday 10th June - Summer Fun Day
Wednesday 14th June – KS2 Production - Matinee performance 1:30pm
Thursday 15th June – KS2 Production - Evening performance 6:00pm
Monday 19th June – KS2 Sports Day; 10.45am to end of day
Thursday 22nd June – Primary Year in Review Assembly; Sports Hall B; 9.00am and End of Year Class Parties
Friday 23rd June – Last day of School Year; students finish at 12pm
31st May- 23rd June
4A – Striking/Fielding
4B – Striking/Fielding
4C - Striking/Fielding
Next week in our English lessons we will focus on instructional writing. We will begin the week by looking at how we can build our vocabulary and how our use of a range of sentence types can have an impact on the reader. As well as this we will focus on the importance of organisational features in non-fiction writing. Throughout all of our writing in Year 4 we are focusing on having a joined up handwriting style.
Our guided reading sessions next week focus on being able to retrieve information from a text.
Next week we will be looking at the rules of being able to spell a range of prefixes.
In our maths learning next week we will be continuing to look at data and how we can interpret it. At the start of the week we will be looking at how to interpret a range of time graphs. From this we will learn to be able to create our own time graphs. At the end of the week we will look at solving a range of problems involving data in both charts and graphs. We will complete our learning for the week by solving problems involving data in tables.
In our ‘Temples, tombs and treasures’ topic next week we will become historians. We will look at the secondary evidence of the great find of Tutankhamun. We will look at what was found, what it tells us about the boy king and also look at who Howard Carter was. Alongside this we will look at what the great curse of King Tut was.