At BISB, our students explore new activities, expand their skills, and follow their passions.
We offer a range of paid and unpaid clubs, which are led by our own teaching staff and specialist external coaches. Here are just some of the activities your child can enjoy:
- Football academy, tennis, judo, cricket, and tag rugby.
- Basketball, volleyball, athletics, ball games, fantasy football, and running and fitness.
- Specialist art, sculpture, pottery, crafts, cartoon creation, and Harry Potter.
- Film and art, coding, robotics, stop-motion animation, STEAM, and computer programming.
- Escape room, chess, board games, Lego, and construction.
- Go green eco club, bushcraft, forest skills, nature club, cookery, and mindful monsters.
- Ballet, street dance, drama, Zumba, and our young voices choir.
For our nursery to Year 2 children, we run Rockets, which provides safe, fun and relaxed after-school childcare every day.
Please note that Rockets is not a drop-in club. To secure your child's place, sign up via CHQ (numbers are limited). This also helps us to staff the club appropriately.
Whatever your child’s passions and interests, there’s an activity for them on our secondary enrichment programme. The programme is organised around six themes: sports, performing arts, culture, wellbeing, STEAM, and service. We encourage all our students to take part in activities from each theme, ensuring they enjoy a well-rounded experience.
About our enrichment programme
We have four key aims for our enrichment programme, which are to:
- Give your child a range of experiences beyond the classroom.
- Give students the chance to follow their interests and try something new.
- Support students to train for competitions and tournaments.
- Enable our students to do something for someone else.
Our clubs take place during break time (10:15-10:45 am), lunchtime (12:45-1:45 pm), and after school Monday–Wednesday (4:00-5:00 pm) Thursday-Friday (3:00-4:00 pm).
Students can also take part in high profile events, including the International Award, the Tanzania expedition, Young Enterprise Award, and Maths and Science Challenges.
Music is really important at BISB, and we encourage our students to learn an instrument. Parents can enrol their children on our peripatetic music programme, which offers one-to-one tuition in piano, violin, cello, flute, Slovak folk instrument (fujara), ukulele, acoustic guitar, electric guitar, bass guitar, drums, saxophone, recorder, trombone, trumpet, and voice. Lessons run throughout the day and after school, and are coordinated by Mrs Vladimíra Sertlová. More than 400 children are currently taking part in this programme.
We also give students of all ages the opportunity to express themselves through our performing arts programme. Your child will take part in exhibitions, musical performances, class assemblies, and our amazing stage shows. We’re proud to be one of the most successful Nord Anglia schools when it comes to initiatives and competitions on our Global Campus platform, too.
All students reflect on and record their progress, working towards different levels of their BISB Diploma. The Diploma gives our students confidence and encourages responsibility, teamwork, and leadership.