1. Are you a selective school?
We believe that no-one has a limit to their potential or ability, therefore we are a non-selective school that will accept those students whose needs can be met by the school.
2. Will we have to attend an interview to be offered a place here?
No, you do not have to visit the school or have an interview for your child to be accepted at La Côte International School. However, we do encourage families to visit us if possible in order to better understand our school and to experience our exceptionally welcoming and positive culture.
3. How is your approach to teaching different from other schools?
We implement the High Quality Learning approach to teaching, which is unique to Nord Anglia Education schools. LCIS is committed to the development of a child's mind, human relationships and place within the community and the wider world. To achieve this goal, the school aims to educate children to become:
- Life-long learners who are principled and empathetic
- Tolerant and sensitive members of the school and community
- Responsible, knowledgeable and adaptable citizens ready to prosper in today's ever changing and challenging world
4. Can my child start mid-way through a year?
Absolutely. As long as the school can meet your child’s needs and there is available space in your child’s appropriate year group, we accept students throughout the year.
5. Do you have a boarding house?
No, we do not have a boarding house at La Côte International School. If this is of interest to you, we recommend that you contact one of the other Swiss-based, Nord Anglia Education schools that do have boarding options (i.e. Collège Champittet in Pully or Collège Alpin Beau Soleil in Villars-sur-Ollon)
6. As you are an international school, do you have a high turnover of students each year?
No, we do not have a high turnover of students. This year, nearly 90% of our students remained at the school.
7. What nationalities are represented in your school?
Our student body includes over30 different nationalities including:
- 28% British
- 18% Swiss
- 10% American
- 44% from other nationalities around the world.
For example, our students come from Australia, Belgium, Botswana, Brazil, Denmark, France, Germany, Hungary, Iceland, India, Israel, Italy, Japan, Korea, the Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Russia and South Africa.
Our staff nationalities include American, British, Danish, Dutch, French, Irish, Portuguese, South African, Spanish and Swiss.
8. Do you offer after-school care?
Yes, we offer before and after-school care options.
9. My child is a native French Speaker. How will this level of French be maintained?
Fluency in french is a priority at LCIS. French is taught from the age of 3 in class groups. From the age of 7 French is taught at proficiency level with native French speakers being taught as a separate group following a specific native French language prgoramme.
10. Where can I find the school calendar?
One can find the school calendar under the “Term Dates” section of our website.
We want you to make the right decision about your child's education. Any questions you may have will be answered within 24 hours during the school week.
Please contact Lyliane Stewart by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call + 41 (0) 22 823 2626.