At La Côte International School Aubonne, we foster in our students the confidence to ‘dare to dream’. We passionately believe that through a motivating and supportive learning environment, our students will achieve far beyond what they ever thought possible.
We believe there is no limit to what students can achieve socially, personally and academically. This year, our students’ academic results reflect our shared commitment to excellence in this area.
Highlights from the academic year 2019/20 include:
- Our IB Diploma students achieved an average point score of over 35, equalling the school’s best ever results
- more than 10% of our students achieved over 40 points
- In the IGCSE examinations, 91% of our students achieved grade 5 or above (referred to in the UK as a ‘high pass’)
- 19% achieved the top grade (grade 9) whilst 64% achieved grades 7-9, which has always been the UK government benchmark for excellence. To set this in context, this year 28% of students in the UK achieved this level in GCSE examinations.
- LCIS for the first time achieved more highly than the average across Nord Anglia Education schools in every measure, a true comparison and a first for the school (NAE IB Diploma average 34.4; IGCSE 7-9 56%).
By nurturing success, our graduates go on to attend world-leading universities including prestigious Russell Group Universities and World’s Top Universities, creating pathways to diverse and impressive careers.