Want to learn more about the interesting culture of China? Our BSB Parent's Association is presenting a series of China talks this year and have invited China experts to share fascinating insights on different aspects of Chinese history, traditions & society.
This month, our speaker Monique Groeneveld will talk about “Beauty in China through the centuries”. Come and hear about ladies in classical China who adorned their faces with plum blossom leaves and fish scales to present-day ladies who protect their faces from the sun with facekinis and enlarge their eyes with special lenses.
- Date: Thursday 22nd October
- Time: 9am-12pm
- Location: The British School of Beijing (BSB) Shunyi Theatre
- Cost: RMB 100, part of proceeds go to charity
- RSVP: Limited places - please reserve your seat by contacting Catherine Taylor email@example.com">firstname.lastname@example.org
- Monique Groeneveld is a historian and owner of language school China Inside.
Upcoming China Talks:
- Thursday 24th November: China and its Neighbours, Part 1
- Tuesday 1st December: China and its Neighbours Part 2
- Thursday 10th December: Chinese symbols
- Thursday 28th January: Chinese New Year Traditions