Below is a summary of the Global Campus activities that Secondary students been involved in:
- All our students have taken part in the Big Draw.
- Our KS3 students have handed in entries for creative writing and the English department is in the process of selecting the best 5 to send off to the Creative Writing Competition.
- We have had assemblies to show the students what the “Global Campus Online” has to offer and are encouraging them to go online and explore the website and leave comments.
- In English our students are working their way through the Global Library reading list during their library lessons. A big thank you goes to our English department for all of the time and effort they have put into making this a success.
- Our Y7 French & Y8 Spanish students have planned and delivered lessons to Y6 students (videos have been uploaded to the Global campus website).
- Some of our Y7 & Y9 French students have been in contact with other students in our NAE schools in Pattaya, La Cote, Pudong, and Chicago through the Global Languages Exchange.
- We have two debate teams registered for the Global Debate League (Mr Cairns has been heavily involved in setting up the league by providing the motions, judging advice etc.) Please click the link below to see their team photos, motions and an interview with Laura, our Global Debate Upper Secondary Team Captain
- As part of the Global adventures we had 56 students take part in the Tanzania Expedition at the end of November 2015. It was a great success, enjoyed by all, students came back feeling that their time and efforts had helped make a small difference for the people in the village they were working in.
- We also have a team of Secondary students (working in collaboration with primary students) gearing up for the Big Challenge.
Primary and Secondary are currently coordinating to run weekly Global Library slots that will be led by Secondary pupils reading to Primary pupils.
Update from: Mr. Peter Carlisle, Deputy Head of Secondary