Dates to try out:
- Monday 31st August 3:30-4:30pm for year 3-4 ONLY
- Tuesday 1st September 3:30-4:30pm for years 5-6 ONLY
- Wednesday 2nd September 3:30-4:30pm Secondary Students ONLY
If you cannot make your specified try out day please e-mail me directly: Alasdair.email@example.com">Alasdair.firstname.lastname@example.org
- After the try out week swimmers will be notified via e-mail which swimming program they have achieved and the days and times they are invited to attend.
- Please be reminded that there is NO bus transport after the try out so please organize transport home for your son/daughter at 4:30pm, on the day of their try out.
- Swim team practices will commence week beginning Monday 7th September for all students who arrange pick up as there are NO ASA buses that week. If you need to take the ASA bus home then training will start for your child week commencing Monday 14th September.
AquaBears Qualification Standards (BSB Q)
100m IM (min)
Swimmers will be divided up into one of three groups for training and participation in the AquaBears Squads A, B, & C. The above times will decide which groups students are allocated.
These times in the above table are simple benchmarks, AquaBears is open to all swimmers who have the basic stroke techniques and desire to be a part of the team in whatever manner possible. We welcome any and all who want to swim competitively to join AquaBears.
If students don’t meet these standards then they will be filtered into our Swim Fit or Mini Bears swimming program, depending on their ability and age.
Eligibility for Swim Fit program
To take part in BSB swim fit programme, students must be able to swim 25m demonstrating at least two of the following strokes, freestyle, backstroke or breaststroke. This is not a beginners ‘learn to swim’ class. Swimmers will be ability tested and assigned to an appropriate group. If we feel we cannot place a swimmer in an appropriate group we shall recommend private swimming lessons.
Eligibility for Mini Bears
- Can swim at least three strokes in good technique
- Correct kick technique for 3-4 strokes
- Age up to 8 on the day of try out (year 3 students)
- Can swim 50m without stopping
For your information……..
AquaBears regular training
- Monday 3:30-5:00pm or 3:30- 4:30pm Pick up ONLY for Primary/Secondary Sports bus or pick up
- Tuesday 3:30-5:00pm or 3:30- 4:30pm ASA bus for Primary or pick up/Secondary Sports bus or pick up
- Thursday 3:30-5:00pm or 3:30- 4:30pm ASA bus for Primary or pick up/ Secondary Sports bus or pick up
- Tuesday: 3:30-4:30pm ASA bus for Primary or pick up
- Thursday: 3:30-4:30pm ASA bus for Primary or pick up
- Wednesday:3:30-4:30pm ASA bus for Primary or pick up
Bears Extra: Early Morning training is available for the whole AquaBears swim squad. This training does NOT include Mini Bears or Swim Fit squads.
- Wednesday & Friday morning 7:00am-8:00am (No bus provided)
Mini Bears who trained with me last academic year 2014-2015 will be offered a new 2 day a week training schedule, to take place on a Monday and a Wednesday evening 3:30-4:30pm. Remembering that there is NO bus available on the Monday evening. ASA bus home on a Wednesday session only.
The Next time you all hear from me will be after the swimming trials to inform you which swimming groups and the days and times your son/daughter will be training. Within that e-mail I will be needing information regarding ASA bus transport so if your child needs transport home I can then get the information to them before the ASA buses start week beginning 14th September.