With this service, parents can afford to relax as we have highly trained professionals planning, organising, monitoring and taking immediate action to safeguard the children from any problems and ensure they are comfortable and safe at all times.
How to apply – application forms are available below or in hard copy at the office. Applications can be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or in hard copy to the office.
Fees – please refer to the table below for schedule of fees.
||Annual (180 days)
||Term 1 (85 days)
||Term 2 (50 days)
||Term 3 (45 days)
|14 Seats Regular
Pick up and Drop off
- Students are picked-up and dropped home directly from their residential address at the schedule time as advised by the Office. Every care is taken to ensure buses travel the best route between home and school.
- On every bus there is an English speaking chaperone whose primary duty is to look after the children in the bus.
- The chaperones are trained in Child Protection, First Aid and Emergency Procedures. The chaperones will stay with the children under all circumstances.
Discipline on the Bus
- Students must remain seated and wear their seat belts at all times. The bus will not move if any student does not wear their seat belt.
- Students must abide by the direction of the bus monitor at all times and not disturb the driver and other students.
- In cases of discipline issues, the school leadership will be asked to assist. Parents will be informed and may be asked to come to the school to discuss the matter. In the extreme case where the student fails to be cooperative, access to the bus service may be withdrawn for a specified period.
Communications with the school office
- Before the start of the new term, the office will inform parents of the route and pick up times for the students. During the term, changes will be advised by phone. Where the bus is significantly delayed, the office will inform the parent and update them of the expected arrival time.
- Where there is any change in the child’s / children’s travelling arrangement, parents must inform the office and Class Teacher in writing (email or note) giving at least a day’s notice to avoid delays.
- Please do not give verbal messages through the chaperones to avoid misunderstanding or breakdown in communication.
- Students or domestic helpers are not allowed to contact the office to change their schedule.
- All the buses are air conditioned with radio and hand phone links to the office in the school. The buses undergo monthly servicing and inspections. All safety equipment, first aid kit, fire extinguisher and seat belts are regularly checked.
- All the buses are equipped with a GPRS unit which will allow us to track the position of the bus at 30 seconds intervals. We can also monitor whether the engine is on or off, whether the doors are open or closed, the travel speed and direction.
- Should a bus have any trouble, the nearest available bus will be sent to assist or Blue Bird/ Silver Bird taxi will be deployed there.
Bus users are expected to be on their best behaviour in the bus as they would in school. Parents of users are required to sign an undertaking that their child will abide by these expectations:
- to be courteous to the bus chaperone and driver and follow their instruction
- to always wear seat belts while in the bus. Belts should be properly adjusted
- be always on time
- remain seated when the bus is moving
- do not eat or drink while the bus is moving
- keep the windows closed
- be considerate towards other users
- respect the property of others
- do not vandalise the equipment or interior of the bus
- I-pod, mobile phones or any digital players are allowed on the bus but the music should not disturb other users
Bus Service Information