At ISRMUN Online, awards are given to recognize delegates who:
- Come prepared with a well written and researched position paper. The position paper contains a list of sources used written in MLA or APA format. One copy of the position paper was submitted to the Chair on the ISRMUN website prior to the start of the simulation.
- Have a thorough knowledge of debate protocol and parliamentary procedure. They also help guide others who are inexperienced through the debate.
- Participate actively during the simulation (speakers list, moderated and unmoderated caucuses, resolution paper). Their participation enriches the debate, pushes the committee toward creative solutions and contributes to the overall outcomes of the committee.
- Demonstrate leadership attributes such as integrity, patience, honesty, confidence and dignity. They should encourage others and promote collaboration.
- Demonstrate mastery of skills related to public speaking (volume, intonation, eye contact). Additionally, they have advanced ability in English language vocabulary, pronunciation and grammar.
Punctuality, adherence to the dress code, and conduct are also taken into consideration. The award categories are the Award of Excellence, the Award of Distinction, the Award of Merit and Best Position Paper.