The ISRMUN Secretariat is collaborating with the +O2 initiative to combat air pollution in Monterrey, Mexico.
What is +O2?
+O2 is a global movement to protect the environment and human health by actively reducing CO2 emissions.
What is ISRMUN Doing?
The ISRMUN Secretariat has been working closely with the +O2 initiative in order to raise awareness about the increasing levels of air pollution in the city of Monterrey. This has included participating in several activities such as:
- Educating students about recycling, carpooling and composting through themed days and presentations.
- Planting trees in the community of La Gloria in Saltillo, Coahuila.
- Participating in the +O2 5K race at Parque Plaza Sésamo which supported reforestation projects in the Cerro de la Silla.
- Fundraising for the installation of BioUrban devices to purify the air in the municipality of San Pedro Garza García.
- Limiting the use of paper during ISRMUN. Digital resources will be utilized in crisis committees and in place of delegate folders.
Your Participation in ISRMUN:
This year, the ISRMUN Secretariat will donate a percentage of the proceeds collected to the +O2 initiative. This money will be used to fund the installation of BioUrban devices to purify the air in the municipality of San Pedro Garza García. A BioUrban is an air purification system designed from microalgae with the ability to absorb atmospheric pollutants such as carbon monoxide.
At ISRMUN, we encourage all participants and advisors to bring a water bottle in order to reduce the use of plastic bottles. Water stations will be located in the advisors room, as well as the break areas.
More information about the collaboration can be found on Facebook and Instagram.