During the search for the right teacher and throughout the interview process, it is fascinating to listen to the reasons why teachers leave their home country or wish to remain on the international circuit. Whether following their dreams of an exciting and fulfilling life, desire for a life change, professional challenge, adventure, family, romance, wish to learn a new language or discover a new culture, I have personally found that we all have one thing in common; a sense of moral purpose and a desire to belong to a wider international community.
Many of our teachers choose to join or stay at Regents for the same reasons parents choose Regents:
1. Premium School; with a strong reputation and proven track record.
2. Nord Anglia Education; providing global learning opportunities, exceptional professional development, innovation, combined with stability.
3. High International Standards; with external international accreditation.
4. Academic rigor; consistent and impressive external examination results.
5. International Curriculum; iGCSE and International Baccalaureate Diploma.
6. Holistic education; wide range of extra and co-curricular opportunities, service learning & Round Square, sports and commitment to the arts and languages.
7. School grounds; impressive school grounds and spacious campus.
8. Community; International community with 51 different nationalities, sense of belonging and collegiality and family atmosphere.
9. School culture; positive school climate where teachers are trusted and empowered.
10. Ambition; Regents is always evolving, moving forward and evolving, combining traditions and innovation.
Why did I choose Regents? My first encounter with Regents was around ten years ago through establishing Round Square exchanges with a previous school in Colombia. Since then I have observed Regents from afar and witnessed it grow from strength to strength. With the exciting combination of Nord Anglia Education, International Baccalaureate, Round Square, high educational standards and family atmosphere I couldn’t resist! As a parent I am delighted my son will have the opportunity to study in a school, which will provide him with a gateway to the world.
Further reading and research:
Catalysts for a career in international schools, by Ettie Zilber
Ms. Sarah Osborne-James