Information and Reminders
2A - Swimming on Monday - Games on Wednesday
2B - Games on Monday - Swimming on Wednesday
2C - Games on Monday - Swimming on Friday
Tuesday 26th January - Academic review evening 17:00 - 20:00
Wednesday 27th January - Academic review evening 17:00 - 20:00
Sunday 31st January – Chinese New Year Temple Fair
This week in English we will read the book 'Too Many Toys' by Davis Shannon.
Our objectives will include being able to write commas in a list. We will also design a wanted poster for a missing toy concentrating on using descriptive noun phrases.
The children will also write a set of instructions about how to look after a toy.
In maths the objectives covered this week will be:
Multiplication and Division
· recall and use multiplication and division facts for the 2, 5 and 10 multiplication tables
· calculate mathematical statements for multiplication and division within the multiplication table
· show that multiplication of two numbers can be done in any order and division of one number by another cannot
· solve problems involving multiplication and division, using materials, arrays, repeated addition, mental methods, and multiplication and division facts, including problems in contexts
This week we will explain to the children that the Toymaker is pleased with how well they are looking after his workshop. He is so pleased that he has a special favour to ask them.
His own toy cupboard is in a terrible state and he can never find the toy he is looking for. He needs the children’s help to sort and label the toys so that they are easier to find.
As Scientists we will:
- sort toys based on what they are made of
- look at materials and their properties
- identify which materials are best for making a bath toy
- learn how toys move using pushes and pulls