NAIS Pudong Tigers Tournament and Fixture Reports
NAIS Tigers U14 C1 Boys Team
The NAIS Tigers U14, C1 Team played their last league game of the season on Thursday the 17th November. The game was at home against one of our biggest rivals, Concordia International School, Shanghai. The boys scored in the first 30 seconds from kickoff. Concordia could not match the slick passing and positioning from our boys. At the end of the first half the score was 7-0, in our favour. The second half was not much different, with an abundance of goals. The final score was a 19-0 materpiece by the Tigers, who end the season unbeaten. A special mention goes to Matthew Ward who scored nine goals in an absolutely amazing performance. In addition, Jake Lonsdale scored five goals, Ehsaan scored three and Mathias Marchant scored two.
On Saturday the 19th November the boys travelled to Dulwich College to play in the CISSA tournament. The first game was against Shanghai Livingston American School, with the Tigers winning 5-1. Matthew Ward scored two goals and Mathias scored three. It was a great start to the tournament and the boys showcased composed passing and effective moving throughout the game.
In the second game, NAIS Pudong beat SCIS HQ by a score of 3-1. George, Mathias and Matthew each had one goal a piece.
The third match saw slightly tougher competition from YCIS BG, although we emerged victorious with a final school of 5-4. Although the boys controlled most of the game, a few lapses in concentration in the midfield and defence allowed YCIS some goal-scoring opportunities. The fourth game, against Shanghai Singapore International School Suzhou, the final score was a resounding 7-2 victory for NAIS. Our team dominated from the opening whistle, with great passing and free-flowing football. The goals came from Ehsaan with one goal, Matthew with four goals and Mathias scoring two.
The final game of the tournament was against Shanghai Korean School in Puxi. This team was undefeated throughout the tournament until facing off against NAIS Pudong. Our boys were pumped for this game and knew it was going to be a tough physical challenge on account of their opponent’s tough, physical tackling. Our boys were not fazed by this approach; instead they letting their football do the talking. The final score was 5-0; and the match was a highlight reel of absolutely superb football! Scoring goals for the Tigers were Matthew with three and Ehsaan with two.
The tournament concluded with a selection of the best players from the west-side and east-side schools in a team photo. A match between these players was initially planned, but due to poor air quality it was unfortunately canceled. Mr. Keenan selected Matthew Ward and Jake Lonsdale to represent our team.
This team demonstrated the true Tiger spirit during their undefeated season. They never gave up and played every match with great enthusiasm and passion. It has been a pleasure to coach such wonderful players and we look forward to the Wellington Cup tournament on the 3rd December. We hope to see our very supportive parents and loyal fans during this day.
Matthew Ward, 9B; Jake Lonsdale, 9B; Yuvraj Singh, 9A; Shreyas Tiwari, 9A; Robin Lutz, 9B; George Emery, 8B; Ehsaan Farooq, 9C; Kyle Fung 9A; Mathias Marchant, 8B
NAIS Tigers U14 C2 Girls Team
The C2 football girls travelled to Wellington College to for an enjoyable day of football. The team across the season consisted of the following girls: Araya Richards, Mia Dajani-Keenan, Mehar Parmer, Zena Bruin, Julliete Le Godec, Angelina Nazarian, Garance Roule, Antonina Manzenko, Daniella Church and Yvonne Chen. The team worked incredibly hard with goals coming from Araya Richards. Some incredible saves from Garance and some excellent defending from Mia Dajani-Keenan ensured the defense was solid. Some unlucky misses and deflections stopped the team from scoring more. Players’ player was Mia and the coaches’ player awared to Araya Richards.
NAIS Tigers U14 C2 Blue and Black CISS teams
The C2 Blues team have had an improving season. With many new team members, it has been a challenging season against some excellent opposition. Despite not being able to win a league game, the boys have shown many admirable qualities. In particular, they have begun to display more organisation, better communication and crisper passing. In their final match against SMIC, they performed excellently. With some better luck in front of goal, they would have earned the victory. Though everyone improved during the short season, a special mention should deservedly go to a few individuals. Kevin Peng showed fantastic pace and strength in defence. Warren Gichana proved his determination and showed that NAIS Tiger spirit. Meanwhile, Alejandro linked the play up well and developed into a productive forward.
At the River Cross tournament the two C2 teams performed incredibly well. By having two teams it left both squads quite short which meant that there was the guarantee of lots of football for all whilst also meaning there would be some tired legs out on the pitch! Both the Blue and the Black teams began incredibly well with both winning their first three matches. This was particularly pleasing for the Blue team who had yet to win a game during the regular season but who had shown notable signs of improvement. However as the course of the day unfolded some injuries and tiredness began to take their toll. The Black team ended up with a record of won 4, drawn 1 and 1 loss whilst the Blue team won 3 and lost 3 from their games. The Blue team should also feel proud as not only did they gain three victories but in all of their defeats they only went down by a single goal – a rapid improvement from the start of the season! The Black team performed very well with Thomas Wallace of Year 10 helping out as their coach. Temoso Thage, Alexander Nies and Ciro Verni were star performers on the day. For the Blue team, once again, Kevin Peng excelled but Jia Hao had some stellar games too and Alejandro also helped the team greatly with his goals. The tournament ended with two of the boys being selected to represent the Pudong school – congratulations to Temo and Kevin for manging to make the representative teams.
NAIS Tigers U12 CISSA Jr Girls Team
The junior girls have had a fantastic season. They trained hard and played well throughout the season. With only three teams playing in the league east of the river, the girls had the opportunity to rematch against Concordia and Wellington. To kick off the season, a mini tournament was held at Wellington College where we had an opportunity to size up our rivals. For many of the girls it was their first competitive game of football. They all played well and beat Wellington and narrowly lost to a strong Concordia side. Over the following weeks the girls’ skills improved; more control in dribbling and more power in passing.
The Cross River event was held at WISS over in Puxi. Pollution was high and there were some adaptations to play. The true tiger spirit was present with the girls playing to the final whistle in every game. Some excellent saves made by goalie Charlotte until it was one save too many and she found herself at the nurses station! She was so brave. A replacement in the form of Naina was brilliant and she stepped up to the mark making some dramatic dives to save the ball. She may have just found her new position! A strong defence from Zainab and Megan held most attacks out. We think that Zainab had extra helpings of spinach that day because she developed a deadly kick! Middle of the field was covered by Lear, Dagna, Bethany and at times Naina. The girls played well and made some shooting opportunities for our strikers, Olga and Lou Anne. Over the course of the day we had some amazing goals, many many near misses and some great saves. The girls played their hearts out and were a credit to the Tigers. Well done to all involved and thanks to all the parents who supported the team throughout the season and at the final tournament.
NAIS Tigers U12 CISSA Jr Boys Team
The CISSA U11 boys was a popular activity this term, which enabled us to make two equal teams: NAIS Black and NAIS Blue. Over the past couple of months, Mr. Lowery’s team had a tough run of results, losing to Wellington away and YCIS at home, before losing our first match 7-1 again Mr. Northedge’s team on Thursday 10th November. On Thursday 17th November we lost at home to Wellington, before defeating Mr. Northedge’s team 2-0 in our last game before the Cross River Tournament.
Despite preparing with only one victory, the players were all optimistic and enthusiastic as we travelled to SAS Puxi on Saturday 18th November. Around 20 teams were in attendance, against whom we played 7 friendly matches. Without Sung Jae and Sebastiano, the remaining nine players pulled together with great teamwork to win their first three matches, against SAS Puxi (2-1), YCIS HQ (3-1) and Concordia 1 (3-2). After a defeat to SKS (1-2), the players responded brilliantly to win their final three games against SSIS (4-1), Concordia 2 (3-1), and our sister school BISS Puxi (3-0). Played 7, Won 6, Lost 1, Scored 19, Conceded 8. Player of the day: Jamie Howell.
NAIS Tigers U19 Girls SISAC D2 Basketball Team
This week has been a very successful and productive week for the D2 Basketball team. They are a new team of young and experienced players and are now showing that they can work effectively as a unit.
On Monday they had a fixture against YCIS which they dominated from the start. They drove for the basket at every opportunity and even though the shooting accuracy wasn’t the highest, they had moments of precision.
On Wednesday they travelled to SAS Pudong and competed in what can only be described as an intense battle. This game tested the girls stamina and ability to cope with pressure. The girls showed that they could step up to the challenge and keep their cool when it mattered.
Three more games to go and I am confident that the girls are going to go from strength to strength!
YCIS – Win – 31-4; SAS Pudong – Win – 23-20
Girl of the game: YCIS fixture – Annefloor Gabrielse; SAS Pudong – Sarah Thornton
Team Fixtures and training from 18th– 26th November 2016
- Friday 25th Nov – NAIS Tigers U19 D1 Boys Basketball team Verses Dulwich College from 4.15 – 5.30pm in Sportshall S
- Friday 25th Nov - NAIS Tigers U19 D2 Girls Basketball team Verses Dulwich College from 4.15 – 5.30pm at Dulwich College
- Friday 25th Nov - NAIS Tigers D1 Girls Basketball team training from 3.15 – 5.00pm in Sportshall B
- Friday 25th Nov – NAIS Tigers Sharks Black team training from 3.15 – 4.25pm
- Friday 18th Nov- NAIS Tigers Boys U19 Youth Team playing Ebba Sand at NAIS Pudong Football field from 7.00pm – 8.45pm in the Shanghai Youth League
- Saturday 26th – NAIS Tigers U13 FOBISIA Trials at NAIS Pudong from 9.30am – 1.15pm for those students wishing to represent the NAIS Tigers in the U13 FOBISIA Games hosted by Alice Smith School in Kuala Lumpur from Wednesday 8th – Sunday 12th March 2017.
The Year 7 and 8 Students as well as those Year 9 students who have August birthdays; will be playing Football, Basketball and Swimming.
9.30 – 10.45am – Boys Football; Girls Basketball
10.45 – 12noon – Girls Football; Boys Basketball
12.30 – 1.15pm – Boys and Girls Swimming
- Saturday 26th Nov - NAIS Tigers U11 D1 Blue and D2 Blue and Black Football teams playing in their Primary Football League Tournaments at Dulwich College Suzhou from 8.40am – 1.15pm
- Saturday 26th Nov - NAIS Tigers U9 Boy D1 Blue and D2 Black Football teams playing in their Primary Football League Tournaments at Dulwich College Suzhou from 8.40am – 1.15pm
- Saturday 26th Nov - NAIS Tiger Sharks Swim team competing in the Invitational Dulwich College Suzhou Swim Meet. Warm up at 9.00am and the meet begins at 10.00am and should finish at 5.00pm
- Monday 28th Nov – NAIS Tigers U19 D1 Boys Basketball team Vs SMIC at NAIS Pudong Sportshall S from 4.15 – 5.30pm. The boys can be collected from school at 5.30pm from the schools main gate.
- Monday 28th Nov - NAIS Tigers U19 D1 Girls Basketball team Vs SMIC at NAIS Pudong Sportshall B from 4.15 – 5.30pm. The girls can be collected from school at 5.30pm from the schools main gate.
- Monday 28th Nov - NAIS Tigers U19 D2 Girls Basketball team Vs SMIC at SMIC Campus from 4.15 – 5.30pm. The team will leave school at 3.15pm and will be leaving SMIC at approximately 5.30pm and drop off at schools main gate at 6.10pm
- Tuesday 29th Nov – NAIS Tigers U14 Girls C1 School Football team training at school from 3.15-4.20pm.
- Tuesday 29th Nov – NAIS Tiger Sharks Blue Swim Team training from 3.15 – 4.25pm
- Tuesday 29th Nov – NAIS Tigers U19 Boys Shanghai Youth League football team training from 5.00 – 6.30pm
- Wednesday 30th Nov – NAIS Tigers U19 D1 Boys and Girls Basketball Team training from 3.15pm – 5.00pm in Sportshall S.
- Wednesday 30th Nov - NAIS Tigers U19 D2 Girls Basketball team Vs Wellington College at NAIS Pudong Sportshall B from 4.15 – 5.30pm. The girls can be collected from school at 5.30pm from the schools main gate.
- Wednesday 30th Nov – NAIS Tiger Sharks BlackSwim team training from 3.15 – 4.25pm
- Thursday 1st Dec – NAIS Tigers U14 Boys C1 School Football Team training from 3.15 – 4.25pm
- Thursday 1st Dec – NAIS Tigers Sharks Blue Swim Team training from 3.15 – 4.25pm
- Friday 2nd Dec – NAIS Tigers Sharks Black Swim team training from 3.15 – 4.25pm
- Friday 2nd Dec – NAIS Tigers U19 Boys D1 Basketball team Vs SCIS Pudong @ SCIS Pudong from 4.00 – 5.00pm. The team will leave school at 3.15pm and will be leaving SCIS at approximately 5.00pm and drop off at schools mani gate at 5.20pm
- Friday 2nd Dec – NAIS Tigers U19 Girls D1 Basketball team Vs SCIS Pudong @ SCIS Pudong from 5.20 – 6.20pm. The team will leave school at 3.15pm and will be leaving SCIS at approximately 6.20pm and drop off at schools mani gate at 6.40pm
- Friday 2nd Dec – NAIS Tigers U19 Girls D2 Basketball team training from 3.15 – 4.20pm.
- Friday 2nd Dec- NAIS Tigers Boys U19 Youth Team playing BISS Puxi at NAIS Pudong from 7.00pm – 8.45pm in the Shanghai Youth League
- Saturday 3rd Dec - NAIS Tigers U14 D1 Boys 7 A-side BALTIC Football Tournament at Wellington College from 8.30 – 1.00pm
- Saturday 3rd Dec - NAIS Tigers U14 D1 Girls 7 A-side BALTIC Football Tournament at Wellington College from 8.30 – 1.00pm
- Saturday 26th Nov – NAIS Tiger Sharks Swim Team will be competing in the Santa Splash Swim Meet hosted by SCIS Pudong from 8.00am – approximately 2.00pm
Director of Sport