Information and Reminders
- Please make sure all the children come to school in appropriate warm weather clothes - including hats and gloves.
- Please make sure that ALL items of school uniform and PE kit are clearly labelled.
- Reading challenge – You need to sign and date your child’s learning journal 3 times in one week after you have heard them read then they will receive a Dojo point. If children are not reading regularly at home then they will attend lunchtime reading club on a Friday. We hope for your support!
- Homework is sent on Wednesdays and must be returned on Mondays to be marked. Please make sure you encourage your child to complete it on their own and inform us if they found the activity challenging so we can further support them in school. They can sign up for homework on Thursdays and Fridays which is first come, first served. Weekly website links will be sent on Fridays.
- Please make sure you also let the class teacher know if your child’s end of day arrangements have been changed so there is no confusion.
- Don’t forget to check Class Dojo to see how many House Points your child has been collecting and to see posts of what is happening in your child’s class.
- PE changes will start next week. Please check your emails and Dojo from the end of today for further updates.
Sunday 22nd January - Chinese New Year Temple Fair
Monday 23rd – Thursday 26th January – Chinese New Year Celebration Week
Tuesday 24th January – Y3 Kung Fu lesson
Thursday 26th January – Chinese New Year Dress-Up Day
Thursday 26th January – No CCAs today
Friday 27th January – School closed for Chinese New Year holiday
Monday 6th February – First day of school
Wednesday 15th February – Early Years and Primary Coffee Morning, 9am to 10.30am
Thursday 16th February – Y3 Exit Point
Week beginning 20th March - Shakespeare week
Star of the Week
3A - Albert Lu for being responsible to improve his reading skills by reading every day.
3B - Alexander Hjelle for being responsible to meet deadlines and be keep organised.
3C – Dafni Tsatsaros for being responsible for always keeping her table and the class tidy.
Next week we will write our versions of George’s Marvellous Medicine. We will change the characters and settings to make it our own story and we will include speech marks to show dialogue between the characters. We will first plan it, then draft our first piece before editing it.
In Guided Reading we will read aloud and perform poems, playscripts and other texts, showing understanding through intonation, tone, volume and action.
Over the next three weeks our focus will be ‘Calculations’. Next week we will work on subtraction. We will subtract three digit numbers and ones (or tens, or hundreds) mentally. We will use column subtraction for numbers with two digit and three numbers when carrying is not required before moving onto when carrying is required.
Next week, we will finish our Science activities by investigating if solids will dissolve in hot or cold milk. As part of our International task, we will look at what countries milk is scarce in and the reasons why. We will have an Art lesson using milk to make artwork and prepare some resources for our Exit Point.
On Thursday we will participate in some Chinese New Year activities!
Please can you send in any empty water bottles with lids on Monday for us to use in our experiments. Any size and the more the better!
Please let us know if your child has any dairy allergies or is lactose intolerant and we can find an alternative task for them.
This week’s homework is to research information on Chinese New Year for other people to learn about the celebration. In Computing next week we will use the children’s homework to make a video all about the celebration using different camera angles.