Information and Reminders
- After the April holidays we will once again begin to wear our summer uniform. Please make sure your child wears the correct uniform to school, particularly the correct footwear. They must look smart. We will continue to monitor this closely.
- Please make sure you also let the class teacher know if your child’s end of day arrangements have been changed so there is no confusion.
- Please make sure your child brings a water bottle to school.
- Reading challenge – You need to sign and date your child’s learning journal 3 times in one week after you have heard them read then they will receive a Dojo point. If children are not reading regularly at home then they will attend lunchtime reading club on a Friday. We hope for your support!
- We have a number of parent workshops scheduled for the summer term. You can find out more about these in your child’s Term 2 Report, which will come home today.
Monday 10th April – Summer term begins
Monday 17th April - CCAs Start
Tuesday 18th April- Early Years and Primary Academic Review Evening 5pm-8pm
Thursday 20th April- Early Years and Primary Academic Review Evening 5pm-8pm
Saturday 22nd April- Curry and Quiz night- more information to follow.
Monday 1st May – Labour Day holiday - school closed
Thursday 18th May – Saturday 20th May – Primary FOBISIA games
Thursday 18th May – Early Years and Primary STEAM Day
Monday 29th May and Tuesday 30th May - School closed
Saturday 10th June - Summer Fun Day
Star of the Week
3A – Albert Lu for excellent improvements in reading and making greater attempts to write in cursive.
3B – Nicolo Christie for politeness and enthusiasm in class this week.
3C – Eldon Lui for being a good investigator in maths.
After the holidays we will read the book ‘The Firework Maker’s Daughter’. During the first week we will work in groups to retell the story orally and write character and setting descriptions using adjectives. We will infer a character’s feelings, thoughts and motives by thinking of questions to ask a character. We will predict what might happen next in the next chapter based on details stated or implied. In Guided Reading we will focus on applying our knowledge of root words, prefixes and suffixes (etymology and morphology) both to read aloud and to understand the meaning of new words we meet.
In Maths we will focus on investigating angles. We will learn to understand that angle is a description of turn and that angles are a feature of shapes. We will identify angles that are less than and greater than a right angle as well as finding how many right angles are needed in a turn.
We will start our new topic of ‘Bright Sparks’ by participating in our surprise Entry Point. We will then complete our Knowledge Harvest to see what the children already know about the topic and what they would like to find out. As Internationalists we will research electricity production in China. As Historians we will research the light bulb and timeline of electric light.
Our new unit will be ‘We are network engineers’. In this unit we will find out how computers are connected in school and how data is passed across networks.
We will test computer connections by ‘pinging’ and find out the route that packets of data take. As well as looking up IP addresses and creating a poster on data safety.