Information and Reminders
- This week was the last week for borrowing library books, please return next week on your child’s library day.
- Keep practicing your child lines for the Porridge concert.
- Please make sure your child brings a water bottle to school and a hat to wear when they are outside.
- We are wearing our summer uniform. Please make sure your child wears the correct uniform to school, particularly the correct footwear. No nail polish is allowed. They must look smart. We will continue to monitor this closely.
- Please make sure you also let the class teacher know if your child’s end of day arrangements have been changed so there is no confusion.
- Reading challenge – You need to sign and date your child’s learning journal 3 times in one week after you have heard them read then they will receive a Dojo point. If children are not reading regularly at home then they will attend lunchtime reading club on a Friday. We hope for your support!
- Please note that IGCSE exams are taking place and will be taken in the Primary building. The main staircase in B Block will remain closed and all students and adults should use alternative staircases. Please can we ask parents not to wait in the area outside the Hive, outside Sports Hall B or along the Year 3 classrooms, as we need to ensure silence for our older students. Parents are always welcome to go to Aspretto, our coffee shop, whilst waiting for students. Thank you for your support.
Wednesday 7th June – Parent Workshop – Transitions: 3rd Culture Kids with Olivia’s Place; 9.30am
Wednesday 7th June – Coffee Morning with Head of Primary and Head of Secondary; Aspretto; 11.00am
Friday 9th June – Year 3 to Year 9 Sports Awards (for students who have participated in Sports teams this year)
Friday 9th June – CCAs finish today
Saturday 10th June - Summer Fun Day
Wednesday 14th June – KS2 Production - Matinee performance 1:30pm
Thursday 15th June – KS2 Production - Evening performance 6:00pm
Monday 19th June – KS2 Sports Day; 10.45am to end of day
Thursday 22nd June – Primary Year in Review Assembly; Sports Hall B; 9.00am and End of Year Class Parties
Friday 23rd June – Last day of School Year; students finish at 12pm
Next week we will recap some of the writing genres we have covered this year. We will write a recount of our campout or another holiday recount if your child did not attend. We will write a set of instructions to match the pictures to put up a tent. We will write a letter of complaint about an event of our choice. Our grammar focus will be revising prefixes and suffixes.
Next week we will continue to review the Year 3 objectives. We will focus on measurements, time, fractions and counting in tenths.
Next week as Scientists we will plan and make an active volcano as well as continue to look at a range of rocks.
We will continue our unit of ‘We are bug fixers’. Children will explain how the scripts work, finding and correcting errors in them, and explore creative ways of improving them. The children will learn to recognise some common types of programming error, and practise solving problems through logical thinking. Once the children have worked through each project they will design their own Scratch project to apply all the skills learnt this term.