Under leadership from the Regional Director of Admissions and Marketing and the Regional Digital Marketing and Communications Manager, the role will be multi-faceted encompassing elements of, communications, public relations, marketing, publications and new media technology. The focus of the role will be to develop and implement the Chinese language marketing and publications material for the British International School Shanghai newly established Dual Curriculum sister school located in Minhang. With an equal focus on both online and offline communications channels with a view to building a consolidated brand awareness and coverage within the Shanghai and China market.
- A Bilingual Chinese/English speaker is essential for the role.
- Create content (in Mandarin Chinese) for external and internal collateral as well as for editorial coverage and PR.
- Developing, updating and managing website for the Chinese language site through the CMS including the school social media sites on regular basis with postings and imagery
- Creating and developing school collateral/visuals and adhering to corporate brand guidelines for all school communications both online and offline
- Preparing weekly school newsletter in terms of collating content and imagery
- Preparation of online marketing emails through mail chimp both for targeted marketing and enquiry
- Manage and liaise with media relations in the Chinese market
- Oversee advertising and sponsorship plan for school with guidance from Regional DAM and Regional Digital Marketing & Communications Manager, through timely preparation of adverts, preparations of editorials etc.
- Liaising with external agencies e.g. printers and other brand agencies
- Research, sourcing materials and products from suppliers
- Co-ordinate and liaison with various internal departments to ensure purchase order accurate and complete
- Creating, Editing and compiling a series of publications highlighting the work of the school (e.g. Activities Week, Fairs, PTA Events etc.)
- Atending/Documenting/Photographing of important events which can be used for marketing purposes
- Undertaking ad hoc activities as requested by management
Nord Anglia Education is the world’s leading premium international school organisation with 42 schools in China, Europe, the Middle East, South East Asia and North America. Our organisation has been operating premium international schools for over 20 years. Nord Anglia Education has provided premium quality international education to children of foreign nationals in China since 2002, and it is now looking forward to providing the same outstanding education to PRC nationals by a Dual Curriculum school.
Nord Anglia Chinese International School, located in the Minhang district of Shanghai will cater to children of PRC nationals from age 6 to 18 years. It will follow the local Chinese curriculum integrated with international elements taught through the medium of mandarin Chinese and English. Throughout the school, Nord Anglia Education will draw on the best of Chinese and Western learning styles and the experience of leading educators to provide a distinctive education program for the students. The campus will have approximately 2,250 seats of capacity and impressive facilities to support the school in offering an outstanding education. The expected opening date of the school is September 2016.
Currently employing over 6,000 staff and educating over 33,000 students our schools are seen as the premier school in almost all of the cities in which we operate and are a very popular choice for parents. Each Nord Anglia Education school is unique in character and tailored to meet the needs of their specific location, but they are united by the quality of education they offer, the efficiency with which they are managed and the excellence of the student experience. We position our schools as at the forefront of contemporary educational practice while preserving traditional educational values.
A Nord Anglia Education student will benefit not only from the richness and expertise within their own School environment but also from other Schools across the Nord Anglia Education family. Nord Anglia Education Schools are non-selective yet, on average, our student’s score four points above the global average in their IB diploma, as well as being offered and accepting places at the world’s top 100 Universities.