Parent -Teacher Conferences will take place on Tuesday 2nd and Thursday 4th February. We look forward to seeing you then. If you have not yet made an appointment and would like to come please contact your child’s class teacher.
- Chinese New Year ‘Red Day’– this will take place on Friday 5 February; the children may wear Chinese style clothing or something red on this day.
- At the end of the week we will send home all the children’s spare clothes, nappies, sleep clothes and indoor shoes. Could we please ask that these are sent back with your child after the break.
- We are seeing lots of runny noses in school. Please do check if your child is well enough to be here. If your child has a fever our school policy is the child should not return to school until they have been without fever for 24 hours and if they have had any sickness or diarrhoeathey should stay home for 48 hours after the last episode. Thank you for your continued support with keeping our children healthy!
- The Early Years Cubs entrance will be closed from 9am till 3.30pm. Throughout the day you can use the Main Primary school entrance instead. Attendance registers need to be completed by 8.50 am. If your child comes later than that please can you sign them in at Main Primary School entrance. Many thanks.
- Uniform sale: We will be having another Used Uniform sale on Tuesday 2 February from 3.30pm-4.30pm in The Gallery. Please bring any clean, good quality, old uniforms to the Primary Reception over the next few weeks.
This week we will continue our learning theme of Chinese New Year. The children are all now familiar with the story of the great race, and we will be focusing now on the traditions and customs that come with this special time of year. The children will be introduced to the reasoning behind wearing red, lighting fire crackers and making wishes for the future.
This week the children will be invited to make festive cards, wishing their loved ones a very happy and peaceful year to come. Children will be encouraged to decorate their cards and write their own names to sign off their cards. Any children who have not yet added their wishes to our Nursery wishing tree will be encouraged to complete their wish this week.
Key Vocabulary: ‘Happy new year’, “I wish…” “make a wish” write, tell me…
EXPLORATION AND INVESTIGATION
This week the children will learn how to make dumplings. The children will be encouraged to discuss the different ingreditents that are needed to make dumplings. What do you think will happen when we mix them together? Do we need more of anything? And how big should they be? This will provide children with a great opportunity to put into practise the vocabulary that they have built up over the last semester, using words such as less, more, bigger and smaller. The children will also be encouraged to talk about their finished product when the dumplings are complete and ready to eat.
Key vocabulary: ingredients, more, less, enough, bigger, smaller, too much.
CUSTOMS & TRADITIONS
This week the children will be introduced to the different customs and traditions that come at this time of year. The children will learn about the importance of spending time celebrating with friends and family. They will learn why we set off fire crackers and wear red joining in as we celebrate ‘Red Day’ on Friday 5th February.
Key Vocabulary: tradition, friends, family, happiness.
Koning Leeuw is jarig. Vogelspin heeft een verrrukkelijke taart gemaakt voor de jarige Koning Leeuw. Als hij zich omdraait is het lekkerste stukje van de taart verdwenen....Wie heeft er van de taart gesnoept?
We maken taarten in verschillende smaken en vormen voor de dieren uit het woud. Hoe ziet jouw favoriete taart eruit?
Op dinsdag 2 en donderdag 4 februari vinden de oudergesprekken weer plaats. Maak zeker een afspraak met juf Cindy of juf Chris. We streven ernaar de Cito-resultaten mee te kunnen geven, maar zullen dit niet bij alle kinderen redden.
- Story of Nian 年的故事（nian de gu shi）
- The Great Race (Zodiac) 生肖的故事 (sheng xiao de gu shi)
- Things to do during Chinese New Year过年习俗 (guo nian xi su)
- Happy New Year新年好 (xin nian hao)
- Give You Joy恭喜恭喜 （gong xi gong xi）
- The Fortune God is Coming 财神到(cai shen dao)
- Dumplings Making & Eating 包饺子(bao jiao zi)
- Dragon / Fan Dance舞龙舞狮 (wu long wu shi)
- Chinese New Year Card 新年贺卡(xin nian he ka)
- Lantern Painting 画灯笼(hua deng long)
Key Vocabulary: Chinese New Year中国新年(xin nian), Dragon Dance舞龙舞狮(wu long wu shi), Dumpling饺子 (jiao zi) , Lantern 灯笼 (denglong)