Please remember our Parent teacher conference is this week. Your teacher will have sent the slip back with the times. If you have not received your meeting time please speak to your child's teacher directly.
- Please remember Friday 6th November is our book week dress up day. The theme this year is “weird and wonderful”. Have fun coming up with a costume!
- Thank you very much for all the DVDs that you sent in last week. The outdoor area is looking better every day. We are continuing with this collaborative outdoor project and this week we would appreciate any old pots, pan, forks and spoons that we could use to further develop our outdoor music factory.
- With the weather getting a bit colder, please be sure that your child’s extra set of clothes are suitable for the autumn weather. For example, change t-shirts for long sleeved shirts and shorts for trousers.
- Giving Tree: It is not too late to send in replies and donationions for our Giving Tree Charity. Please send slips and cash in a sealed envelope clearly marked for the ‘Giving Tree’and with your childs name and class. – Thank you.
- Book Fair: This year the Book Fair, where you can buy books, will take place in school from Thursday 19-Saturday 21 November. More information to follow.
Our focus of Dr Suess will continue throughout book week. The children have already explored many of these books but one of our favourites has been ‘Cat in the Hat’. You may have heard your child talking about ‘Thing One and Thing Two’ last week. These are two very naughty friends of the Cat in the Hat. Throughout the past week we have created our own Thing one and Thing two in class however, over the weekend something magical happened and they came to life! They have been causing chaos around the school, making very poor choices and causing real problems for the teachers in the school. The children will interview the teachers, asking questions to find out what happened and what they need to do next! We are encouraging the children to think about their own next steps in their learning and developing their own ideas. This is a nice link to combine these two fantastic activities. Remember to look out for weird and wonderful things happening in school!
Key Vocabulary: Next, who, where, what, why? Weird, wonderful
The Dr Suess books lend themselves perfectly to Rhyme. This week we will have a Thing one and a Thing Two very special box. Inside will be items that end in the sound at. They sound nearly the same! E.g. bat, cat, rat
Key vocabulary : cat, bat, sat, mat, fat,
Our literacy focus this week will be linked to the story ‘Oh the places we will go’. We will disscuss where we could go on a journey? How we would get there? What transport we could take? We will use these discussion points to make marks, giving some meaning to this writing.
The teachers will be play partners during our maths focus this week. We will encourage children to join us, building and creating towers, trees, transport, using these models to talk about the height, how many blocks they used and the shape of the blocks. This is an important way for us to extend the childrens learning and see mathematical development in a fun environment.
Key Vocabulary: 1-10, tall, small, build, join, all together
Hecko, de goochelaar van Circus Rondo, is fantastich. Hij kan echt toveren! Dat wil clown Tito ook wel kunnen. Maar met zijn eigen hoedje lukt het helemaal niet. Zal hij Hecko vragen om het hem te leren? We leren net zoals Tito toveren en oefenen op het herhalen van zijn toverspreuken. Wat zit er allemaal in de hoed van Hecko?
Elke woensdag gaan we met de Nederlandse klas naar de bibliotheek. Gelieve het boek tijdig weer mee te geven met uw kind. Dank voor uw medewerking hierbij.
Volgende week dinsdag en donderdag zijn er oudergesprekken op BISS Puxi en uiteraard zijn juf Chris en Juf Cindy ook beschikbaar. Maakt u wel even een afspraak per mail (email@example.com of firstname.lastname@example.org) .
We will be sharing some classical and wonderful stories in Mandarin!
The Three Little Pigs 三只小猪（san zhi xiao zhu）
Kong Rong and The Pear 孔融让梨（kong rong rang li）
The Wolf Is Coming 狼来了 (lang lai le )
Key Words: little pig小猪(xiao zhu ); build house盖房子(gai fang zi ); pear梨 (li); share 分享 (fen xiang) ; wolf狼(lang);telling lies 说谎话; telling truth说真话