Our Nursery party is this week. The date is Wednesday 2nd December and as this will be a low key party for the children we will not need any parent helpers this year. Thank you for your understanding with this.
- A plea for spare clothes: Our stock of spare clothes is running very low indeed. In fact our underwear and trousers boxes are now completely empty! Please could parents check in case your child has borrowed some spare clothes and they are still at home. Thank you. Do you have any underwear, trousers or shoes that your child has out grown and would be suitable to help replenish our supplies of spare clothes? We would be very grateful for any donations.
- Nursery Christmas Show : It will take place on Wednesday 9th December in Stage One. All parents are welcome! Please let your child’s class teacher know if your child will not be here to take part in the Christmas Show. The children will need to bring in some special costumes for the show. Please ask your room parents for details.The Panthers should wear pajamas, Meerkats to wear brown or black (tights or legings & t-shirt), Foxes to wear white and Wolves to wear Red.
LEARNING THEME : Christmas
As we continue our build up to Christmas, this week we will be learning more about different Christmas celebrations and cultures. The children will be busy writing Christmas cards, designing and making toys and sharing the Christmas joy around the school.
Key Vocabulary: Christmas, Santa, presents, winter, joy.
Physical Development, Investigating and Exploring
This week the children will be exploring how textures change as they make their own Christmas pies. Using a varity of ingredients , exploring different smells and spices, the children will get hands on experience of how to mix the materials and what works best to create the best taste and smell.
Key Vocabulary: mix, smell, spicy, strong, soft, hard, sticky,
This week the children will be encouraged to write with purpose as they make and design their own Christmas cards. The children will continue to learn and practice the words to songs and poems from start to finish, as part of our build up to the Christmas concert.
This week the children will continue to work on their counting and basic number skills through many different mediums. Through their Christmas songs the children are beginning to learn the basic concepts of subtractraction and number ordering.
Jules is opgetogen. De Sint komt bijna op bezoek! Jules zet zijn schoen klaar en maakt samen met papa een nieuwe mijter voor de Sint. Ook in de Nederlandse klas bereiden we ons voor op het bezoek van de Sint en zetten we een schoentje klaar in de Sinthoek`. Indien u een oud kinderschoentje heeft mag u dit zeker meegeven!
Door een wisseling in het lessenrooster gaan we vanaf deze week op dinsdag naar bibliotheek. Onze excuses voor het ongemak. Dank voor uw medewerking hierbij.
We will be talking about Christmas Gifts this week. The children are going to draw or make the gifts for their parents or friends and take part in role play games, pretending to be Santa sending out gifts with the reindeers.
- Pepa’s Christmas 佩佩的圣诞节（pei pei de sheng dan jie）
- Perfect Christmas完美的圣诞节 (wan mei de sheng dan jie)
- Jingle Bells 铃儿响叮当 (ling er xiang ding dang)
- Santa Clause圣诞老人 (sheng dan lao gong gong)
Key Words: Santa Claus 圣诞老人(sheng dan lao ren); Bell铃铛(ling dang) ; Christmas Gift圣诞礼物(sheng dan li wu);Merry Chritsmas 圣诞快乐(sheng dan kuai le)