- Warm weather. Please remember to send a named sunhat for your child to wear outdoors, and do apply sun cream in the morning.
- Transition to Nursery: Some of our Pre Nursery children will be moving to Nursery next year. To help them prepare for this change, they will begin getting to know some of the Nursery teachers. The Nursery teachers will be spending time in the Pre Nursery Unit playing alongside the children. Children will also be visiting the Nursery unit in small groups at various times during the next two weeks.
- We have been enjoying the outdoor environment this week and will continue to use the outdoor provision. Please also spray your child with mosquito repellent or have them wear a band to school.
- Spare clothes donations. Many thanks to all the parents that have donated clothes recently. Please do continue to send in any items that you no longer need, especially trousers, shorts and underpants.
- Class party – Our Pre Nursery class party will happen on Tuesday 28th June. Please liaise with your room parent if you have any more questions. Thanks.
Our Learning Theme: “Pirates and Mermaids”
We will continue learning all about pirates and mermaids and enjoying our watery theme.
The children have been very enthusiastic about their creative activities, so we will continue to provide lots of resources and stimuli to extend their skills, whether it is 3D junk modelling to make a pirate ship, or using collage materials to make sea creatures or mermaids. We will also learn new watercolour techniques to create some beautiful paintings and there will be many opportunities to draw, paint, glue and build.
We will also look back at our Tapestry learning journals to reflect on our experiences as a Pre Nursery Cub. We will ask the children which activities they enjoyed, what they have learned, who their special friends are, and celebrate all their wonderful achievements.
Vocabulary: pirate, mermaid, ship, draw, brush, paint, stick, glue.
We will review what we learned this term singing some of our favourite song and sharing the stories and words we have used. To deepen children’s undersatnding we will play some interesting games to practise these words.
We begin stilaan aan de afronding van een geweldig schooljaar. Deze week zullen we samen foto`s en filmpjes van het voorbije jaar bekijken. We bezoeken het SDS circus, vieren feest met Jules en lezen Mannetje Koek.
Na het bezoek van tandarts Bram ronden we ons lichaamsboek af. Kan jij je eigen ogen, haar, neus en mond terugvinden?