- School will be closed on Thursday 3 and Friday 4 September.
- Monday 31 August – Meet the teacher session.
- Thursday 10 September Early Years Parents Workshop in Stage One 8.45-9.30am.
- Swimming (for the toilet trained children only) will take place on Mondays. This will begin on Monday 31 August. Children will need a labelled waterproof bag containing their swimming costume and swim hat and towel. Goggles are optional. Arm bands or other swim aids are not needed.
- Please ensure all clothing and belongings are labelled with your child’s name. This includes water bottles, snack boxes and hats.
- Please remember to send in a pair of named indoor shoes for your child to wear whilst inside.
- Sharing time will start on Friday 5 September. Children may bring in a toy or item from home that they would like to share or talk about at school. Please do not send in anything precious or fragile, thank you.
- BISS Uniform Sale - Wednesday 2 September 2:30-5pm The Gallery (Primary)
Parents have the chance to buy quality “used” BISS uniform at another of our Recycle Sales. All items are in good condition and can be bought for the bargain price of 5 rmb per item. All proceeds will be donated to one of our school charity projects. Bring change and your own bag!
- Uniform Collection - We are sure that most families have several items of unwanted BISS uniform at home that you would be happy to get rid of; perhaps your children have outgrown them, have moved up to Secondary, or are moving school. Please donate these items to our Uniform Sale! All items can be dropped into the collection boxes at Primary and Secondary Reception areas throughout this and next week.All items need to be clean and in good condition.
Our learning theme: Me and My Class
We will continue to work on setting up our daily routines and settling the children into the class. Children will be encouraged to talk about the things they like to do in school, and developing a sense of belonging to their class.
The following week we will extend our theme to include ‘Our Families’ and so we would like to ask parents to send in a family photograph to aid our learning. It would be helpful if the people in the photo were labelled so we know who they are. Either an electronic copy sent in by email, or a print would be perfect. Thank you.
Key vocabulary: family, mummy, daddy, brother, sister, baby
Personal Social and Emotional Development
As the children begin their second week in Pre Nursery we will be reinforcing our daily routines, and supporting children to feel confident at school.
There will be a focus during carpet sessions on learning to recognise the other children in the class, and we will play games to help children remember each other’s names, and the names of their teachers.
Key Vocabulary: snack, lunch, play, outside.
Communication, Language and Literacy
We will look at photographs from the previous week and encourage children to talk about all the different activities in Pre Nursery that they like to do. We will also support children to listen to each other at these times.
In addition we will sing a variety of songs during carpet sessions, including Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, and other Nursery rhymes.
Key Vocabulary: listen, talk, class, friend, sing, song.
Understanding the World
We will introduce the children to the animal that represents their class and find out a little bit of information about the animal, for example:
- What does a Badger look like?
- Where do Polar Bears live?
- What do Tigers sound like?
Talk to your child about their class animal. Can you find them in a story book at home?
We will be encouraging children to use the toilet area with greater confindence and wash their hands carefully, as well as developing independence at snack times. Children will continue to be given the opportunity to try a range of new tastes at lunchtime.
Key Vocabulary: toilet, wash, hands, taste, eat.
Jules en juf Cindy wachten vol spanning om de kinderen te verwelkomen in de Nederlandse klas. Jules heeft zijn eerste schooldag achter de rug en is benieuwd hoe het de andere kinderen vergaan is. De boekentas van Jules zit vol spannende verrassingen!