It has been a fantastic year and the Reception Cubs have all grown and gained confidence and skills to prepare them for the adventures to come. Thank you for all your support throughout the year and especially to those who were able to come in and read with the children or help with other activities and of course the Boat Trip. We appreciated your cheers at Sport’s day and your applause for the Christmas Play as well.
We hope you have super holidays wherever you go and whatever you do and come back refreshed for the start of a new school year.
- Orientation Day for returning students is on the afternoon of Friday 19th August
- The first day of the new school year for all children is Monday 22nd August
- From Friday 1st July the teachers are away on holiday and will not be available via email. If you have any urgent enquiries please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
From the Reception Team
Suggested holiday learning, Apps and Websites
There are lots of ways you can keep the children’s learning going over the long holiday. Play card games like Uno, Snakes and ladders using a board and dice or dominoes. Work with your child to send an email to their new teacher or a friend they want to keep in touch with. Encourage them to say the sentences they want to write out loud. Then type them, locating the letter keys and space bar. Take photos of the places you visit and create a special book or diary of your adventures. Above all have lots of fun together so your child will come back to school with so much to share with their teachers and class mates.
You could also download some of the following to get ready for Year 1.
- Phonics and Reading
- Meet the Alphablocks
- Earlylearninghq.org.uk: Alien Adventure and Phonics Street
- Twinkl Phonics- Phase 2-5
- Pocket Phonics
- Hairy letters
- Children’s Books- project X- the power of reading
- Rabbit’s House- Oxford phonics world readers
- Number Jacks Counting
- Fiete Math
- Snakes and ladders
- Hungry Fish
- Monkey maths
- Critter maths
Creative and Understanding their world
- Doodle Buddy
- Pic Collage- use photos to make a collage
- National Geographic Kids Alive
- Duplo Lego
- Art Lab