Uniform: Now that it is colder in the mornings please remember that children should not be wearing leggings, boots or hoodies. They should be wearing school jumpers/cardigans/fleeces and NOT non-uniform versions. Information is available on the Primary Parent Handbook on the website.
- ECA/BISCAP - Please inform the class teacher via a note in your child’s Communication Book if your child’s arrangements change for BISCAP, ECA or end of the day pick up. As changes involve a disruption to normal routines this helps us support you in getting your child home safely.
- Security - Our new security system is still at the trial stage. Adults only should use the glass gates to enter and exit the school; children should use the metal gates to the side. If you are concerned that your child is young and you want to be with them then please accompany them through the metal gates. Thank you for your support.
- After School Contact System - New information about this has been added to the website to help at http://www.nordangliaeducation.com/our-schools/shanghai/puxi/after-school-contact-system. Please ensure that your child’s class teacher is aware of any changes to regular going home arrangements early in the day by writing details in your child’s Communication Book.
- Uniform sale: We will be having a Used Uniform Stall as part of the upcoming PTA Christmas Fair being held in school on Saturday 28 November. Please bring any clean, good quality, old uniforms to the Primary Reception over the next few weeks. Y12 will be running the stall with the support of parents and proceeds will go towards their fundraising.
- Book Fair: This year the Book Fair, where you can buy books, will take place in school from Thursday 19-Saturday 21 November.
In Literacy this week, we are continuing to read Stories From A Different Culture focusing on the text ‘Handa’s Surprise’ where we will find links to our Zoo work and to our Themed Learning focus on Africa. We will also be thinking about how we can sometimes predict what is coming next in a story.
Puffer Fish- During Phonics this week, the Puffer Fish group will be reviewing the alternative pronunciations for ey. They will practise reading and spelling the words they, grey, obey, honey, donkey and money. We will also be learning how to read the words their and going.
Star Fish and Jelly Fish- This week in phonics we will recap on the sounds covered so far and continue to practise sight reading High Frequency Words.
Octopus and Stingray- In the Octopus and Stingray groups this week, we will be recapping sounds ow, long oo (as in food ), short oo (as in look) and ou. See how many times you can spot these sounds when reading at home. We will also be reviewing the tricky words said, come and they
Sharks- This week the Sharks will be looking at the ‘oy ‘ sound at the end of words such as boy, joy and toy, and also revising our tricky words from phase 4.
After a very successful week looking at coins and notes used from the UK. We will start to investigate the length and height of different objects. We will look at the different types equipment we can use to measure and how we can record this information.
This week the children will be learning about Africa through Barnaby’s travels. They will also learn how to make different shades of a colour through colour mixing when creating an African sunset.
Literacy –Story, culture, Africa, Author, title, imagination, adjectives, capital letters, full stops.
Maths – length, height, measurement, ruler, cm, tape measure, equipment.
Themed Learning – Africa, African art, colour mixing, sunset, atlas, map.
Hij komt, hij komt....Maakt de Sint ook dit jaar de overtocht naar Shanghai? Maar wat als de stoomboot lek is? We ontdekken de klank oe van koek en vragen ons wat er nog zoal in de zak van Sinterklaas zit.
Year1 Sea Horse
This week we will continue with the topic of body parts. Children will consolidate the new words and sentence patterns by interactive activities.
Year1 Sea Star
Topic: Lesson 2 Food
Key Words: 鸡肉jirou/chicken; 汤 tang/soup; 汉堡包hanbaobao/burger; 米饭 mifan/rice; 面条 miantiao/noodles; 牛排niupai/steak
Homework: Read the words on P14 and sing the song on P16 and do the work sheet in the homework book.
本周我们将继续学习拼音an、en、in、 un、 ün、yin 、yun 。认读汉字: 山、玩、人、问、门、三、心。