We would like to say a big thank you to you all for the delicious treats you provided all the staff with for Teacher Appreciation Day on Wednesday 3 June.
- Charity Action – Thanks for your support!
- Nepal Disaster Fund: Support Nepal bracelets are for sale at the Reception 10rmb.
- River of Hearts Clothes Donation: Donations of clothing/shoes can be placed in the collection buckets at Reception. These will support children and families in need across rural China.
- From the 15 June to the 19 June there will be an Art Exhibition of the Year 1 and 2 children’s artwork. Their work will be displayed in the Primary foyer, we invite you all to come along (before or after school) to have a look at the children’s work. The children have worked really hard on their Art pieces and are proud to have them displayed for all to see.
- Please label all school uniform, including PE kit and a sun hat for the warmer weather. A surprising number of items are found to be unnamed, which causes unnecessary stress and expense for parents. Named items will be promptly returned to their owner when found.
- Sunhats can be purchased in the uniform shop, please send a named sunhat for your child’s wellbeing during outside play as the weather is now warming up.
This week we are using our new knowledge of letter writing to write to our friends in Reception to tell them all about being in Year One! We will reflect on our special moments this year, and describe them in a letter to help our Reception friends feel great about moving in to Year One.
This week in phonics the children will be studying the following sounds or phases:
Stingrays – are learning oi and ear, for example: oil, coil, boil and tear, fear, hear
Sharks – are reviewing sh and the alternative ci – as in special, official and social.
Jellyfish – are practising reading words with two adjacent consonants, for example: blend, stunt, crust, tramp, grunt, crept, drank, blank, trunk, crunch, drench, shrink.
Pufferfish – are learning how to add suffix y into a noun turns it into an adjective, like hairy, windy etc.
Octopus –are learning alternative pronunciations for ie and ea
This week we are reviewing our knowledge of position and direction, and linking with our Themed Learning topic to create maps of familiar places.
This week our topic is called ‘Where we are!’ This links with our Maths learning. We will be working with maps and recognising the features of familiar places.
Literacy – letter, signature, reflection, memories, description
Maths – position and direction, maps.
Themed Learning – location, area, community
De kliniek ‘de goede dokter’is gesloten. Rambamboelie is genezen. Met pijn in ons hart nemen we afscheid van dit lieve, grappige hondje. Gelukkig kunnen de kinderen hem in de bieb nog eens bezoeken.
Hoop jullie allemaal zondag te zien!
Review the topics we have covered this year through some interactive activities.
Homework: Read and understand the little book.
Key characters: 下xia/down
Key phrases: 刮风gua feng/windy; 下雨xia yu/raining; 下雪xia xue/snowing; 闪电shan dian/lightening; 阴天yin tian/overcast; 晴天qing tian/sunny
Key sentences: 下雨了Xia yű le/It’s raining. 刮风了Gua feng le/It’s windy. 下雪了Xia xue le/It’s snowing.
Homework: Making a weather wheel
Mandarin Y1 MNDCN