- Wow! What an amazing Year we have had in Year 1! We are incredibly proud of all of the children and their achievements this year. It has been lovely to watch them blossom into such kind and caring role models.
- We wish you all a safe and restful summer holiday, wherever you may be and best wishes for the future should you be leaving Shanghai.
- Please note that from Friday 1 July the teachers are away on holiday and will not be available via email. If you have any urgent enquiries please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
We hope that you have a relaxing holiday and look forward to seeing you in August.
Suggested holiday learning
If you are stuck for something to do this summer you could do one of the following to get ready for Year 2:
- Keep a diary of your adventures over the holidays. Perhaps you could make a film, keep a blog or make a presentation about you and your holiday?
- Write your own adventure story set in a different country. Better still, write a play and get you friends to help you perform it.
- Record yourself performing a funny poem or song for your family. Use these links for ideas: http://www.gigglepoetry.com/
Practise your maths skills using one of these websites/applications:
Have fun practising your times tables, especially the 2, 5, 3, 4, 8 and 10 times tables, by singing along to the songs on http://www.havefunteaching.com/songs/math-songs or go on http://www.multiplication.com/
Practise your phonics and reading skills: