On Friday 25 March we will have the International Day parade. Children will have the opportunity to dress in their national costumes or in the colours of their home country.
- Swimming - During the winter months, girls are allowed to wear black leggings and black socks instead of tights under their dresses/skirts on Swimming days. This will make it easier for the girls to change before and after lessons.
- Uniform: Now that it is colder in the mornings please remember that children should not be wearing leggings, boots or hoodies. They should be wearing school jumpers/cardigans/fleeces and NOT non-uniform versions. Information is available on the Primary Parent Handbook on the website.
- Term 2 BISCAP/ECA/BISS LIONS Swimming end 18 March.
- Term 3 BISCAP/ECA/BISS LIONS Swimming – Online registration opens 11 March and closes 21 March. Please register for Term 3 online.
- We are pleased to let you know that all letters sent home with your child can now be found at the end of this page.
In Literacy the children will be writing an extended story that will enable them to showcase all the grammar skills they have learnt this term. The children will be inspired by adventures stories written by their teachers to write an adventure story of their own! Each story will be sent to a writing competition in the United Kingdom, so fingers crossed for some award winning writing!
In Maths we will be learning how to tell the time! To begin with we will review the children's knowledge of o’clock, half past, quarter to and quarter past. Once the children have mastered this we will begin to teach the children how to tell the time at five minute intervals. It would be very helpful if you could talk to your child about this topic at home.
In Themed Learning the children will complete their work on helping Superman solve his hearing problem by investigating the best materials to make a string telephone.
We will also focus on social skills; the children will learn new games to play in the playground and learn how to recognise and cope with emotions such as anger, frustration or disappointment.
Literacy – prepositions, adverbs, subordinate clause, conjunctions and contractions.
Math’s – O’clock, half past, quarter to and quarter past
Humanities – sound waves, vibrations, ear drum, anvil, stirrup, hammer, and cochlea.
We ronden het boek `Stad`af en reflecteren over de voor- en nadelen van de drie verschillende steden uit het boek.
We kijken rond in onze eigen stad en maken een informatieposter over Shanghai. Wat vind jij de moeite waard in Shanghai? Kunnen sommige dingen ook beter?
Topic: Daily Routine
Key Words: 早饭zao fan/breakfast；午饭wu fan/lunch；晚饭wan fan/dinner；起床qi chuang/get up；上学shang xue/go to school；放学fang xue/school finished；睡觉shui jiao/sleep
Core Sentences: 我 (time) (activity words)…wo (time) (activity words); I do something at …(time)
Year2 Sea Horse
Topic: I can dress myself
Key Characters: 衣服yifu/clothes，鞋子xiezi/shoes，梳头shutou/brush hair，刷牙shuaya/brush teeth
Key Sentences: 我会wohui……/I can…
Activities: Simon Says
Extended learning content: 袜子wazi/socks，鞋子xiezi/shoes，裤子ku zi/ trousers，裙子qunzi/skirt
Year2 Sea Star
Topic: Lesson 4 Going Out
Key Words：穿衣服chuan yifu/wear clothes; 戴帽子dai maozi/wear hat; 戴眼镜dai yanjing/ wear glasses; 戴围巾dai weijin /wear scarf; 戴手套dai shoutao /wear gloves;
Homework: Read the words on P26.27.28 and do the worksheet.