As the children have begun to start the planning and developing aspects of their building topics this week we would like to invite any parents who might have experience in this area, such as architects, planners or surveyors to come in and talk to the children about their job.
- Please can you provide your child with a light rain jacket on days where rain is forecast. To minimise the amount of time children are inside the classroom, the children will go outside for playtimes during light rain.
- PE and swimming are a core part of our curriculum. All children should take part unless they have a note from a doctor or a parent to excuse them. When children are not taking part, we ask that they still bring their PE kit as we can adapt the lesson for them. We can often include them in the lesson as a coach, a referee or to give feedback to others. If your child would be swimming, they should bring their normal PE kit.
- ECA/BISCAP Please inform the class teacher via a note in your child’s Communication Book if your child’s arrangements change for BISCAP, ECA or end of the day pick up.
- Security: Thank you to all of you who have applied for our new security badges. Due to some technical difficulties the production of the badges has been delayed. We are working as fast as possible to get the badges to you. Thank you for your patience.
- Uniform: Now that it is colder in the mornings please remember that children should not be wearing leggings, boots or hoodies. They should be wearing school jumpers/cardigans/fleeces and NOT non-uniform versions. Information is available on the Primary Parent Handbook on the website.
- Book Week: Information about the Book Week which is week beginning Monday 2 November is being sent out today. Please be aware of all the exciting activities that are taking place.
- Book Fair: This year the Book Fair, where you can buy books, will take place in school from Thursday 19-Saturday 21 November. More information to follow.
- Visiting Poet: Nick Tozeck will be working with children on Monday 9-Tuesday 10 November.
In Literacy we will be completing our unit of work on poetry. We will be using all the knowledge we have gathered over the previous two weeks to ensure that we write poems that contain a range of adjectives, a variety of verbs and challenge the children to use adverbs and specific nouns. The inspiration for the week will be Halloween so the children will be writing poems about pumpkins and witches!
MATHS AND THEMED LEARNING
Maths and Themed Learning will be linked this week as we complete our project on building, mapping out a city with our clay models from last week. The focus of Maths will be measuring, the children will have to measure the different features of their city, such as the width of the roads and the height of their buildings. All of these recordings will be noted down so the children can check their measuring for accuracy and ensure that the building is built to the scale work from in their original plan. Once this information has been gathered the children will work together as a whole year group to build a giant model city!
The children will be focusing on expressing their ideas, opinions and views with confidence.
Literacy – Adjectives, nouns, adverbs, verbs
Maths – cm, m, width, length, height.
Humanities – city, river, human features, scale
We werken verder aan de profielbeschrijving van onze circusartiest. Wat kan mijn artiest goed? Wat moet ik oefenen voor de circusshow?
Tijdens onze dagelijkse spellingquiz herhalen we 2-tekenklanken en oefenen we op woorden met f- en v- vooraan.
We gaan elke dinsdag met de Nederlandse klas naar de bibliotheek. Gelieve het boek tijdig weer mee te geven met uw kind samen met de Estafettemap. Dank voor uw medewerking hierbij. Prettig weekend gewenst!
Year2 Sea Lion
Key Sentences: 我可以wo ke yi。。。吗ma？ /May I…?
Homework: Finish worksheet on topic of “Request”
Year2 Sea Horse
Topic: Mum and Dad
Key words: 爸爸baba/Dad; 妈妈mama/Mum; 爱ai/love
Homework: Read the Poem ‘I Love Mum and Dad’ and finish the worksheet.
Year2 Sea Star
Review the topics we have learned of Monkey King Book 1A.
Homework: Board Game