Please ensure that your child has the correct school uniform. In particular please ensure your child is wearing black shoes. Girls should wear plain white socks and boys should wear black or grey socks. You can review the school’s uniform policy at http://www.nordangliaeducation.com/our-schools/shanghai/puxi/our-students/student-life/our-school-uniform
- Homework will be given out on Wednesdays and expected in on Mondays.
- Please can you provide your child with a light rain jacket on days where rain is forecast. To minimise the amount of time children are inside the classroom, the children will go outside for playtimes during light rain.
- Parent Helpers: We are always grateful for parents who are willing to come in to help read with children, help in the Dinner Hall, make resources etc. Please let your class teacher know if you are available.
- PE and swimming are a core part of our curriculum. All children should take part unless they have a note from a doctor or a parent to excuse them. When children are not taking part, we ask that they still bring their PE kit as we can adapt the lesson for them. We can often include them in the lesson as a coach, a referee or to give feedback to others. If your child would be swimming, they should bring their normal PE kit.
- Security Our new security system is still at the trial stage. Adults only should use the glass gates to enter and exit the school; children should use the metal gates to the side. If you are concerned that your child is young and you want to be with them then please accompany them through the metal gates. Thank you for your support.
- ECA/BISCAP Please inform the class teacher via a note in your child’s Communication Book if your child’s arrangements change for BISCAP, ECA or end of the day pick up.
- Lunch If your child has been registered and leaves school after 9.30 Sleto will still charge for lunch unless they know in advance. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you know your child will not be in school for lunch by 9.30 so that you are not charged.
LITERACY AND THEMED LEARNING
This week we will be combining our Themed Learning and Literacy as the children become interior designers for Laslo Hudec! The children will begin the week with a game of Art Deco or not Art Deco as they learn to identify the features and characteristics of the Art Deco movement that inspired Hudec. Once they become familiar with the features they will design and make either an Art Deco mirror or a stained glass window. The children will then write a clear set of instructions about how to make their piece of furniture. Each class will then join with another class in the year group and use their instructions to teach each other how to make their piece of furniture.
In Maths, the children will learn about positioning and angles. The children will begin the week by going into the playground and drawing a maze in the playground with chalk, then they will use their 'right angle checker' to find all the right angles in their design. Following this, the children will investigate quarter and half turns with in shapes using beebots and practical shape activities.
The children will be focusing on expressing their ideas, opinions and views with confidence.
Literacy – heading, title, contents, bossy verbs, time connectives
Maths – right angles, degrees, quarter turn, full turn, half turn. Symmetrical
Humanities – decades, centuries, art deco, timeline, influence.
Het circus komt naar de Nederlandse klas! In de circuskaravaan zien we clowns, acrobaten, goochelaars en leeuwentemmers. Wie is jouw favoriete circusartiest? We plaatsen de –nt van circustent in de vriendjesflat en zoeken naar gelijkaardige woorden met een eindcluster.
U mag het bibliotheekboek meegeven met uw kind naar de klas. Indien u het boek graag nog een week wil houden kan dit ook. We gaan elke dinsdag met de Nederlandse klas naar de bibliotheek. De Estafettemap mag mee naar school op dezelfde dag.
Prettige vakantie gewenst!
Year2 Sea Lion
Topic: My Chinese name
Key Setences: 我叫。。。wo jiao…/My name is…(Chinese name)
Homework: Practise writing their own Chinese names
Year2 Sea Horse
Topic: Thank you!
Key sentence: 对不起duibuqi/sorry; 没关系meiguanxi/never mind; 谢谢xiexie/thanks; 不客气bukeqi/welcome
Homework: Sing the song ‘Thank You’
Year2 Sea Star
Topic: Lesson 4 Colours
Key Words: 粉 fen/pink; 黑 hei/black; 黄 huang/yellow; 绿l/green; 红hong/red; 蓝lan/blue; 白bai/white
Homework: Read the words on P20 and sing the song on P22.