ECA/BISCAP - Please inform the class teacher via a note in your child’s Communication Book if your child’s arrangements change for BISCAP, ECA or end of the day pick up. As changes involve a disruption to normal routines this helps us support you in getting your child home safely.
- Lunch - If your child has been registered and leaves school after 9.30 Sleto will still charge for lunch unless they know in advance. Please email email@example.com if you know your child will not be in school for lunch by 9.30 so that you are not charged.
- Security - Our new security system is still at the trial stage. Adults only should use the glass gates to enter and exit the school; children should use the metal gates to the side. If you are concerned that your child is young and you want to be with them then please accompany them through the metal gates. Thank you for your support.
- Optional homework will be given out on Wednesday and expected in on Monday 12 October. Normal homework will resume on Wednesday 14 October.
- Please ensure that your child has the correct school uniform. In particular please ensure your child is wearing black shoes. Girls should wear plain white socks and boys should wear black or grey socks. You can review the school’s uniform policy at http://www.nordangliaeducation.com/our-schools/shanghai/puxi/our-students/student-life/our-school-uniform
- Tanzania – Our annual Tanzania animal dress-up day will be on Friday 16 October. Children will find out more in assembly next week.
- Lunches - Please be aware that SLETO take the numbers for lunches from the school register at 9.30am every day. If you are taking your child out of school after 9.30am please inform SLETO in advance so that you are not charged on that day.
- After School Contact System - New information about this has been added to the website to help at http://www.nordangliaeducation.com/our-schools/shanghai/puxi/after-school-contact-system. Please ensure that your child’s class teacher is aware of any changes to regular going home arrangements early in the day by writing details in your child’s Communication Book.
This week in Literacy we will be building a bank of words to describe a setting. As part of this unit the children will be learning how to use a thesaurus using alphabetical ordering. They will be using their skills to develop rich vocabulary to describe the place, time and environment of a setting.
The children in Maths will be learning to measure, compare, add and subtract lengths. They will learn to measure starting at 0 in both centimetres for smaller objects and metres for longer objects.
In Themed Learning the focus will be on developing the children’s geographical knowledge and understanding. The children will be investigating what the world looks like through the eyes of artists, photographers and cartographers. They will be investigating maps and symbols and then using their findings to create their own maps. These will then be compared and contrasted to the information you can gain from aerial photography.
The children will be focusing on talking and writing about their opinions, and explain their views with confidence.
Literacy –setting, place, environment, vocabulary, thesaurus, alphabetical ordering, first letter, second, third, synonym, antonym
Maths – length, height, centimeter, millimeter, metre, kilometer, cm, mm, m, km, measure, accurate, estimate, difference, total
Humanities – map, aerial photograph, compare, contrast, same, different, symbol, key, cartographer
Colafonteinen, dansende rozijnen, ballonnen opblazen (jawel, opblazen) met cola, een gekookt ei in een fles toveren én er weer uit... Raar maar waar is het thema van de kinderboekenweek en daarmee van ons Boekenkamp. We doen vrijdag proeven, maken het model van een uitvinding en doen een levend ganzenbordspel. Tijdens de lesweek zullen de verschillende klassen verantwoordelijk worden gemaakt voor de uitvoering van een proef op vrijdag.
De rest van de week staat in het teken van de introductie van het nieuwe thema:
Dames en Heren, Hooggeëerd publiek...!
Alles wat met circus te maken zal de komende weken de revue passeren: functies en beroepen, een circusverhaal, krantenartikelen over het failliete Circus Renz, een actieplan om het circus te redden... We lezen het boek De dikke bende van de Korenwolf en de vondst van het stiekeme circus.
Er is voor dit weekend geen huiswerk gegeven i.v.m. de korte week.
Year 3 / 4 Spanish – Ms Caldwell
Next week, children will be investigating the names of animals and will be able to talk about any pets that they may have.
Homework: Creating animal snap cards
Year 3 / 4 Spanish – Ms Sutton
Next week we will be moving onto a new topic about different countries around the world.
Homework this week is to write a reply to the email saying your name, birthday and how old you are.
Year 3 / 4 French – Mrs Rae
Next week in French we will be learning how to say colours and different classroom objects and instructions.
Homework this week will be to complete the crossword and find the missing, mysterious word.
Topic: Countries, Languages (Text 2)-Continued
The students will be able to use the key words of Text 2 to share the languages they can speak.
Homework: A poster based on the information given on P6 (workbook sheet).
Topic: Lesson 4 Date-Continued
This week we will learn how to express date and week.
Homework: Worksheet for practising characters of date and week.
本周我们将结束《坐井观天》， 开始学习课文《大自然的语言》。 学习课文中的生字和词语，知道反义词“粗心-细心”；积累词语：能说一说与“看”意思相同的词语。