What a brilliant year! The children in Year 4 have all worked so incredibly hard and risen to all the challenges that we have placed before them. Their progress has been wonderful to see and we are all very proud of the children’s efforts! I would like to thank the parents for helping to make it an extremely successful year. Your support and hard work has been greatly appreciated.
I wish you all a safe and restful summer holiday, wherever you may be and best wishes for the future.
Year 4 Team
Suggested holiday learning
If you are looking for something to do this summer you could do one of the following. These websites are specifically chosen to support our learning in the last term and to help with preparation for Year 5.
1) Write a story using these links to help you:
Story starter ideas:
2) Record yourself performing a funny poem for your family.
Use these links for ideas:
3) Practise your spelling and grammar activities for all ages.
1) Make a maths board game based on the maths skills you have learnt this year.
2) Use column addition to work out how many km you travel over the holidays.
3) Practise your times tables.
Loads of mathematical practice games.
1) Make up your own Friday Challenges based on the information from the website below. Record or take photos of your friends and family taking part in the challenges and email it to your new and old teacher.
2) Recreate one of our learning showcases for your family and give them a brief explanation of everything you learnt.
Chinese History for kids
Lots of information on different time periods in history. Games and activities.
Below is a list of suggested authors for summer holiday reading for Year 4 pupils:
- Anne Fine
- JK Rowling
- Michael Foreman
- Michael Morpugo