What a fabulous year we have all had! We would like to extend our thanks to all of the Year5 parents and families who have helped us achieve the so much success. We have said goodbye to some very good friends and are about to say goodbye to some more. Whether you are leaving for good or just for a holiday, we wish you safe travels and a restful break.
The Year 5 Team
Please note that from Friday 1 July the teachers are away on holiday and will not be available via email. If you have any urgent enquiries please contact email@example.com. We hope that you have a relaxing holiday and look forward to seeing you in August.
Suggested holiday learning
If you are looking for something to do this summer you could do one of the following:
- How about keeping a log of what is happening in space? What new and exciting things have been found? @NASA and @ESA tweet some really cool pictures!
- Write a blog or a diary of your travels. Don’t forget to include lots of pictures so that you can look back with fond memories! Which was your favourite place? Why? You could create a scrap book and then add to it each time you go on a trip. You can do this staying in Shanghai too!
- Review the books you have read. You could do this in written form or by filming yourself talking about the book. Why not get one of your family to interview you? You could write the questions and then film yourself answering them?
- Practise your maths skills using Myimaths.
- Login – bisspuxi Password – solve
- Or practise your maths on Sumdog (you should have an individual username and password from your maths teacher written in your communication book).
Below is a list of suggested authors for summer holiday reading for Year 5 pupils:
- Anthony Horowitz
- Michael Morpurgo
- Chris Ryan
- Angie Sage