- Tapestry account: if you have not received an email activating your tapestry account (our online journal for sharing photos of the children’s learning), please speak to your class teacher.
- Swimming sessions have already begun and we would like to encourage as many children to join these as possible. These sessions involve singing, games and general water confidence, moving towards using noodles and boards for kicking when the children are ready. The water and changing room temperatures are warm and comfortable for the children. Please remember these sessions are only for children who are toilet trained. On a Tuesday, please send your child with a swim suit, towel and hat for these sessions.
- Now that the weather is colder, please ensure that your child has a warm jacket and hat as we will continue to play outside in all weathers.
- Reminder: children will visit the library once a week, where they can choose a book to take home for one week. Please return your child’s book on library day, which they can then swap for a new book. Bobcats visit the library on Monday, Tigers, Badgers and Polar Bears will visit on a Friday.
- Chinese New Year Celebrations: We are excited about our upcoming celebrations in school and at the weekend fair on Sunday 4 February. We will also be celebrating in our classes with our dress up ‘Red day’ where you are invited to wear your favourite red clothes, or Chinese style clothing on Friday 9 February.
OUR LEARNING THEMES
Each teacher will plan learning experiences that link to the readiness and interests that they observe in the children in their class. While these separate themes operate in each room, the children know they are free to choose to work in another room. The planning is specific to each classroom, but not confined to that class, so children have many rich opportunities available to them across the three classrooms. Mandarin teaching will link into each theme, with the Mandarin speaking staff introducing specific language, books and songs.
PRE NURSERY CUBS
The children have continued to refamiliarise themselves with the classroom environments and have enjoyed meeting new friends in the Polar Bear class.
The children have maintained their interest in looking at books and sharing stories with their teachers. We will continue to develop their interest in reading by sharing familiar stories in small groups, encouraging the children to join in with familiar phrases and begin to retell parts of the story. We will also be developing role play opportunities based on these books for the children, encouraging them to act out their favourite stories.
We would like to continue to discuss our holidays and any celebrations we took part in. Please email us with a family holiday photo of an experience that your child takes part in over the holiday. The children love to share these photos with their friends. (email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org).
We will talk about Chinese New Year. We will sing some songs and do some activities.
Chinese New Year/xin nian/新年, Happy New Year/xin nian hao/新年好，lantern/deng long/灯笼
Happy New Year/ xin nian hao/新年好
The story of “nian”/nian de gu shi/年的故事
Happy New Year/xin nian hao/ 新年好
We will make a lantern during Mandarin time.
De peuters en kleuters zetten deze week weer hun luisteroren aan! We bedenken zelf allerlei geluiden en gaan aan de slag met prentenboeken om zelf een hoorspel te maken. Wat voor een geluid maakt een fietsbel? En een hijskraan? We gaan weerom een muzikale week tegemoet!
In de week van 29 januari tot en met 3 februari besteden we extra aandacht aan voorlezen naar aanleiding van de Nationale Voorleesdagen? Komt u graag ook een keertje voorlezen in de klas? Graag een mailtje naar email@example.com. Breng uw favoriete (prenten)boek mee of kies een boek uit onze geweldig schoolbieb!
geluid, kraken, piepen, fluisteren, tikken, klappen, schreeuwen, hard, zacht, traag, snel